Surprisingly Hornady's 130gn GMX Superformance loading factory data, has the Superformance load for the standard .270 driving the . Bullet: Powder Manufacturer: Powder: Charge: Velocity (FPS . scoutpylot, November 18, 2012 in Rifles, Reloading and Gunsmithing. She helps organize and coordinate Arizonas own national level event, the Tactical Precision Rifle Challenge. I also have a chronograph which helps. I recently picked up a pound of the Hornady Superformance powder to try out. Nosler 6.5mm 120gr Ballistic Tip Hunting Projectiles. Mar 13, 2018. The .270 WSM By Chuck Hawks. A licensed Montana Professional Outfitter and Guide freelance writer, his articles and photographs have been featured in magazines including Outdoor Life, American Hunter, American Rifleman, Field and Stream. I have superformance powder loading for 270 win. A consistent shooter, Regina has finished in the Top 20 routinely and in the Top 10 quite frequently in both the National Rifle League and Precision Rifle Series. I bought some Superformance powder last week,is there load data out yet for the .270 win? They list it for 243 wssm, 25 wssm, and 300 wsm. Rifle reloading data | Handloading | Rifle calibers - Vihtavuori This year my NRL Hunter has been with H-1000 and its incredible! Electronics. Sep 15, 2014. Used 59gr , 215m primers,.270 Win new unfired brass in Win model.70 push feed with 22 in barrel, and got 3150 fps from a Barnes Triple Shock 130 gr bullet. 003-80563 | Hornady. The Hodgdon shop is closed until 2 January so I am stuck for now. For the .270, today I tested 130 grain TSX bullet in once fired full length sized Federal brass using 58 gr of Superformance and Federal 215M primers. Thanks for the offers, you are right, powder supplies are definitely starting to ease up. Hodgdon Hornady Superformance Smokeless Gun Powder She has also competed for the USA in two Pan-American Shotgun matches and the 2015 IPSC World Shotgun Ladies team that brought home gold! . I just received the 2012 reloading magazine from Hogden and as you said the Superformance is shown to be the next slower to H4831 and falls between H4831 and Win 780. Reloads with 140gr Accubonds using Retumbo and Federal 215 primers. 270 Winchester. After graduating college, Ryan moved to Tulsa, OK to take a position as a plastics engineer and in 2011 began shooting 3-Gun competitively. Just be aware that Superformance is a bit more temp sensitive than ADI stuff. To be able to use the full range of Shopware 6, we recommend activating Javascript in your browser. Shellholders: Hornady #1 I've tried a couple and have gotten good accuracy but not the velocity to go with it. For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Javascript in your browser. Gear Bags. I sure wish there were some loads (even reduced performance loads) using 50bmg powder. I have plenty of other guns to hunt with so that isn't an issue but I wanted to play with my new toys and I can't till I get some data for the 270 WSM and Superformance. I would love to have guidance on SuperFormance for developing loads. So, the groups that appear the best were also tested the most. Actually I sold off 6 rifles and accumulated the funds to purchase these three (you can go to Craig Boddington's page on Facebook and see what I gave up for these 3 rifles but it was worth it to me). All I really have for data is the advertising but Hodgdon has touted their Extreme powders for years as the most temperature tolerant of all powders averaging less than 5-10 fps difference in temps from 0 - 125 degrees. 270 WSM Load Development - YouTube accredited Proof Houses. We manufacture Partition, AccuBond, E-Tip, Ballistic Tip, Custom Competition and much more. 117. A: I've compared the maximum velocities of the two cartridges as shown in various reloading manuals and it appears that the .270 WSM has about a 150 fps velocity advantage over the venerable .270 Winchester when both are fired in barrels of the same length. $2.00 Per Piece. To achieve this, all such firearms are first proof tested at C.I.P. Anyway, I was in the Bass Pro Shops looking for some H4350 and of course all they had was some Superformance powder which had the 300 WSM on the label so I loaded 4 pounds in the cart, did a little limited research with the cellphone and decided to go ahead and make the purchase. But the Superformance that is sold with Hodgy's name on it, was geared around the 30-06 cartridge. i didnt think they made the superformance for the big guns yet. He took his first turkey and mule deer at age 6 and his first bull elk at age 9. ALL, more economical than the dubious 65.0gr in an '06 case. He has also put together the first online Precision Rifle Training series of its kind, gaining viewers from all over the world on the JC Steel Targets website. I really enjoy the community as well as the sport. In 2016, she plans to lead a delegate of women to Capitol Hill in an effort to give legislators a face to put with gun owners. Superformance is listed as slower burning than H4831. could you provide data please? SO, anybody loaded the 270 WSM with Superformance yet? Where's the lead? Phillip has attended all follow-on formal Scout Sniper courses, having graduated with honors and recognized as High Shooter from all. 270 WSM brass and load data | Long Range Hunting Forum Nosler, the world's finest bullets, ammunition, rifles, & brass. I've never used Reloader powders. 270 Winchester Rifle Ammo for Sale | Midsouth Shooters Ryan earned a Bachelors of Science in Chemistry and Plastics Engineering as well as a Masters of Science in Engineering Technologies. I made a Magneto V3 adapter on the cheap, Dirt cheap UPS has officially stopped shipping guns. Hey guy's, I thought I would share my results with you. Is there really all that much difference in velocity and hitting power? Using bullets from Hornady SST or BTSP, Hornady ELD-X. One is hard pressed to find a nicer person. Thanks for the input but check the post, I did buy a 300 WSM but I also bought a 270 WSM and I wanted to be able to load both rifles with the same powder if possible. Rifle Data - Speer . $430.00 Private User. To develop a load one can use the relative burn rate chart on the Hodgdon web site. 270 WSM 145 gr ELD-X Precision Hunter . In all honesty, you could use them both in the field and never notice any difference between their performance. I hunt in Oklahoma, Tennessee, and occasionally some other places and the temps realistically do range from late winter hunts well below freezing to early fall hunts in the 90's and there is enough to worry about when hunting so the last thing I want to think about is my powder being too cold or too warm. Hornady SUPERFORMANCE 7mm-08 Remington 139 Gr. CX Polymer Tip- Lead Case head expansion was compared to Federal factory 140 grain load and in both instances increased by 0.001 in. Load Data - Barnes Bullets You can see their data here. Residing in Cheney Washington, Jake Vibbert owns JC Steel targets Inc. and is a strong competitor in the Precision Rifle Series and the National Rifle League. klay thompson career high points; neverworld wake spoilers; viking spores uk reviews Menu Toggle. Powders include Winchester, IMR, Hodgdon, Accurate, Alliant, Vihtavuori . There have been some top 10 ELR finishes as well but I dont remember the specifics. SAAMI . 100% of all my handloads are done withHodgdonbrands. After starting a life and career in Tulsa, she pursued barrel racing until she found 3-Gun in 2009. PDF 270 Winchester Short Magnum - Speer . Great care has been given by Hornady engineers to develop superior, match-accurate hunting loads that allow the ELD-X bullet to achieve its maximum . Later, he started a granite countertop business allows him the time to pursue his passion for long-range shooting and high-country public land mule deer and elk hunting. ABOUT WALKER: Walker is 15 years old and has hunted from Africa to Hawaii, and several places in between, including the Yukon in Canada. Whats left of a recovered 150 Gr. Phillip is also well known as a nationally ranked precision rifle competitor in the Precision Rifle Series and National Rifle League circuits. I have shot benchrest, F-Class, PRS, ELR, NRL hunter, and field matches. Quickly he was attending weekly, monthly, and annual shoots, which included Nebraska state, USAYESS, and many more. We chose 6 different factory 270 cartridges, all with 130 grain bullets, took some pictures of them and took them out to the range. In powder burn rate charts, Superformance rates just slower than H4831. Colleyville, DFW, TX. By 2011, she sold her farm and all of her horses to focus on 3-Gun and the 2nd Amendment. Typical Buck . Today he picks out and tries his first load.Ballistic Studies.Com: 270 WSMhttps://www.ballisti. tests small arms almost exclusively; it is ordinarily omitted from the English translation of the name.) This is a deal breaker for me as a hand loader. Santa was very good to me this year and brought me a trio of new Kimber rifles. If I could use the 4 pounds of powder I bought for both calibers that would certainly be a plus, especially with the scarcity of powder around here. Phillip Velayo currently serves as Gunwerks Long Range University Lead Instructor. From their home in Montana, Shoot Straight with Chad & Marsha follows Chad, Marsha and their two boys-Walker and Wyatt-across the world in hunting adventures. 6.8 western.284. Please enter your login details below. If I could get a .277" 140 grain Accubond velocities to surpass 3000fps and be an accurate load with the powder I have on hand then I would be satisfied. Chronograph Superformance load. Superformance Powder "reloading" data - Texas Hunting Forum Zach has several friends that are getting into reloading shotshells because of Zachs reloads. Here you will find load data for some of the most recent cartridges on the market, with more being added each week. If you use the Barnes bullets remember they . All but 2-3 of those are with handloadedammo. I also have a chronograph which helps. magazines and reloading components. Generally speaking, Norma load data has 2gr difference between max and min. increments, watching closely for preasure signs. Thank you for sharing Hodgdon Reloading data. Superformance uses progressive propellants that take your favorite V-MAX, NTX, SST, CX, and InterLock, bullets to levels of . If I could use the 4 pounds of powder I bought for both calibers that would certainly be a plus, especially with the scarcity of powder around here. R22 has been great in 7mm Mag and 270 Win. Reloader or Superformance powder for 270 | Sniper's Hide Forum Powders include Hodgdon I guess the online reloading center is more efficient anyway and the data there is the same as in the magazine but I liked to keep them handy for reference and occasionally use them to talk myself into a new caliber ruling from my throne. Does Hodgdon list the pressure for that load? I used to get the annual Hodgdon reloader magazine but can't find it this year anywhere and I haven't bought one since 2008 (or that is the latest one I can find). My concern is powder and loading for the pair of guns. Steve, I can't say if the SF powder will work or not in the .270. So I started with a moderate load for H4831 from the Nosler #6 manual and worked up in 1/2gr. In the last several years I have really focussed on the PRS, ELR, and NRL Hunter. Well I am not one to be deterred so I went on with it and found it to be extremely accurate and the velocity would blow your mind. Shooters Fishers Farmers Party calls for NSW volunteers as election looms, Gun industry locked out of talks as government ignores PMs policy guidelines, Puzzled by .223 velocities that dont come up to speed. For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Javascript in your browser. From sub-zero arctic temperatures to almost unbearable desert . Accessories. I was intrigued with 3-Gun since, as a police officer, I relied on all three platforms at work. After taking up competitive shooting in 2016, she, won the Precision Rifle Series Production division in 2017 with her Savage Stealth. ABOUT WYATT: Wyatt is 14 years old and has also hunted Africa, Hawaii and other states as well. 17 Remington Fireball . Hornady Superformance Powder for .270 Win??? He has over 35 years experience in shooting, with approximately 50 tons of projectiles downrange with the assistance of Hodgdon Powder. I am still using the Hornady 7th Ed and the Nosler #6. We fired at least (3) 4 shot groups of every type, and shot more of the ones that looked better. is an international organisation which sets standards for safety testing of firearms. Jaclyn has also taken up Extreme Long Range matches, including King of Two Miles in New Mexico, where she placed 14th out of 80 invited competitors. My concern is powder and loading for the pair of guns. 270 Win 140 gr SST Superformance - Hornady Manufacturing, Inc Because there is no increase in pressure, regardless of the caliber, there is no increase in felt recoil but there IS an increase in efficiency and high speed performance. I used 82 grains of Superformance and got 3006 fps with no pressure signs at all. Although her family hobby was horse shows and barrel racing, her father introduced her to USPSA in high school. Their chart also showed some of the IMR and Reloader powders to be the worst with some more than 100 fps difference due to temps. I've tried a couple and have gotten good accuracy but not the velocity to go with it. They list it for 243 wssm, 25 wssm, and 300 wsm. Looking for a starting point being I have a jug of it.
Magistrates Court Of Western Australia, Dutch Shepherd For Sale Colorado, Articles OTHER