No where near diesel power my ass. way stronger than a stock 12v, 6.5, & 7.3 powerstroke by far!!!! The 454 Vortec is the last in a line of one of the most successful classic engines in GM history. When it shows 55 MPH your actually going about 57 to 58 MPH. Boost your horsepower, torque, throttle response and fuel economy with the advanced Innovative Performance Chip compatible with your Chevrolet Silverado 1500! Our acclaimed editorial staff covers all aspects of engine and driveline upgrades with a mission of presenting information that is both interesting and achievable for the average car guy. So, I am contemplating upgrading this thing for more power, or selling and buying a Dmax. Chevy 454 Rebuild Kits for Complete Street Performance! Oxygen sensor modifications can be done. I installed a K&N replacement are filter in the stock air box. So, what are the most common problems with the Chevy 454 Vortec? "SE" Special Edition Tuning Kit For MerCruiser 454 & 502 Magnum MPI Engines. 1014127996-upoval..CLOSED.."Vortec 7400", 100cc chambers It has an ohv configuration with two valves per cylinder and a bore and stroke of 4.24 inches x 3 on the intake side. The 454 cubic-inch 7400 Vortec V-8 GM motor, which produced 290 horsepower at 4,000 rpm and had 410 pound-feet of torque at 3,200 rpm, was a smooth four cylinder without much difference between the top and bottom. Now, that poses the question: what would you shoehorn this big-block Chevy into? With the baby stock cam they made 290hp and 415 ft lbs of torque. If you send your ECM in, we can make the necessary adjustments you are requesting. The GM 7.4L UltraPower ECM has long been the ultimate performance modification you can make to your GM 7.4L powered RV or truck with the highest power gains on the market! watch out for chips as they just bump the fuel curve. Why a motorhome? All above engines equipped wit Hydraulic Roller Lifters. At the relay the Orange wire is hot with 12 volts continually. I do still have all the O2 sensors but would like to delete them if possible. 2000 Chevy Truck 454 Specs | It Still Runs My question is that I have a 1998 7.4 parts truck. We have no issues with tuning a higher mileage engine as long as it is in good running condition. Please contact us directly to set that up at 800-417-4559. Full Forum Listing. A restrictive or clogged air filter makes the engine work harder to breathe, which reduces efficiency. Vortec 8100 8.1L Chevy GM Performance Parts - GEN 7 Big Block - 496MAG You can pretty easily get 400+ horses out of that thing and it be streetable. Truth be told, Vortech offered a number of Maxflow Aftercooler systems but we selected an intercooler core we had on hand for testing. It was produced as a gas alternative to the new Duramax LB7 diesel, offering a high-torque gas engine capable of towing just about anything. Install an aftermarket windage tray in your engine. Top 4 Best Cam For Stock 454 Big Block Review - Tools BIble Hot Rod decided to bolt up some typical speed parts. Hello! Does this upgrade have a negative or positive impact on engine life? no. I have a 1996 Suburban K2500 with the L29 engine and 4l80 trans. How much can you get them for? I read in earlier questions asked that you had stopped doing the earlier ones. Cost is $395 plus a $175 core charge which is refundable. There was plenty of power left in the YSI, but at 847 hp we couldnt help but be amazed at the extra strength GM put into the design of their 290-hp big block. We would recommend speaking directly with a camshaft manufacturer to determine the best for your particular engine. Stronger shift points for towing and power. I use the truck for towing and it is quite weak, If this ecm has to be reprogrammed in the future do I go to GM Dealer or have to send back to you?? The Chevrolet 454 was phased out in most passenger vehicles by 1975, but it remained a viable power plant in heavy-duty Chevrolets until 1996. To allow the motor to rev cleanly to 6,000 rpm under boost, the cam upgrade was teamed with a new set of beehive valve springs. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. Chevrolet 7.4 Vortec was a modern-day improvement of the firms most legendary big block. Reasons to buy: So, I am contemplating upgrading this thing for more power, or selling and buying a Dmax. I plan on a couple of cross country trips this summer before the Banks PPB install, so, should I wait for the tune until after the Banks install or do the tune this year? Headers exhaust. Thanks. Step 2 Install a high flow air filter and cold air induction intake. Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for BBK Performance Parts 1710-XD GM VORTEC 305/350/454 80MM POWER PLUS THROTTLE BOD at the best online prices at eBay! Apr 9, 2008 #4 7 70SSman Veteran Member Aug 11, 2005 134 Amston, CT, USA 100$ with low miles. I like my shift points where they are. Free shipping for many products! I would like the biggest bang for the $. Yes - We can definitely take advantage of the current modifications done to the truck and really help it out. I was interested in your tune for this engine and was wondering what your best guess on the horse power / toque gains would be. You can either pay $100 for the core and then be refunded when we receive back yours or you can send in your ECM for reprogram. That represents a 70-percent increase in horsepower. Using 3.5-inch aluminum tubing from CXRacing, we configured the intercooler between the YSI supercharger and the blow-through carburetor bonnet. We require the VIN so that we can pull up your vehicle's specific parameters and create a truly customized tune for your vehicle. I'm saving up for the banks power pack system. The terms ECM, PCM, and VCM are all used to describe the engine computer by various manufacturers, yours is located above the radiator . Will this correct my RPM gauge issue? The old camshaft came out, too, with a meatier hydraulic bump stick with 0.600 inches of lift taking its place. 454 vortec or 8.1 swap? | Chevy Impala SS Forum It specs out at 265 HP@4500 RPM and 340 ft/lbs of torque@3500 RPM. Weve seen a few 1996-1997 PCMs with this issue. I list that this RV was originally equipped with a 4.63 rear gear ratio and a tire size of 225/70R19.5. To others, the 7.4 Vortec 454 big-block was the perfect engine at the wrong time. This engine series was utilized on Chevrolet and GMC large truck models such as the Suburban from 1996 through 2001. We would just need to know the tire size you are running and if the rear gear ratio was ever changed from factory. Fuel pump doesn't run. Check if this part fits . Orders placed on the weekend or after cutoff on Friday, and orders placed on select holidaysareprocessed on thenext business day. We include a data recorder with the ECM for your to record engine data and send to us to verify all engine systems are running efficiently. The L29 454 was originally rated at 290 hp and 440 lb-ft of torque thanks to a combination of fuel injection, large oval-port heads (to replace the peanut ports used in the previous Gen V motors) and a slightly higher static compression ratio. BBK Power Plus 80 millimeter Throttle Body for GM Vortech 305/350/454 for all BBK 1996-1999 GM Vortec 305, 350, 454 throttle bodies are designed to increase airflow and improve horsepower from between 7-12 HP depending on the vehicle and . No videos but your ECM is fairly easy to identify and replace. It won't hurt anything to run like that. He could even be found working on tractors or hay bailers while on vacation at his uncles farm. 454 VORTEC UPGRADES | HardlineCrawlers To find out just how much the 30-year-old behemoth could muster, they took it to Westech Performances dyno room. I sprayed starter fluid in the tbi and it fired up for a few second. Interested, but don't want to buy one to find out i've already got it :D (my unit has 2 previous owners i think). Both Vortec 7400 heads (the '98-'01 12560241 and the '96-'01 10141279) have about 100cc chambers. That extra air going into your engine needs to get out somehow; installing a full aftermarket exhaust system like this is always good for more fuel economy, especially when combined with a freer-flowing intake. Feb 1, 2016 #2 Jorge6.5 I'm Awesome Joined May 17, 2013 Messages 1,015 Reaction score My goal is to improve torque and trans efficiency then MPG. Normally, advancing the distributor would increase octane sensitivity and possibly fuel economy, but the upgraded ignition system will allow you to do so without adversely affecting fuel burn or horsepower. Jump to Latest Follow . The great thing about using a blow-though carburetor combination is the intercooling effect you get from the introduction of fuel. Budget Vortec Head Upgrade: Easy, Money-Saving Benchtop Mods Is there a way you could tune that out completely or as much out as you possibly can? I have been watching lots of posts and things get carried away very quickly about getting big big hp. Is it worth tuning a black box or worth changing to 411, I have headers ,cat delete, 19.5 five 0 injectors, and Pulling cam swap. I filled out a form and sent to COMP Cams to see what they recommend and sent an e-mail to Blackbear to see what cams they had experience with since I will need to PCM tune redone. Windage trays are thin, sheet metal plates that bolt to the bottom of the main caps and act as a barrier between the oil in the pan and the crankshaft counterweights. We can tune stock or modified, not a problem. The 1970 Chevrolet 454 was the most powerful with outputs of 360 and 450 horsepower from the LS5 and LS6, respectively. Also how much benefit do you think I would gain by going aftermarket catback exhaust. Do you have any videos of how to locate and remove my ECM? Could you do a downstream 02 sensor delete? Buy in monthly . This thing is weak as water. 4.56 might be abit tall. Moser Engineering Can Help Modernize Your Classic Truck, Ford Motor Company Announces Pricing For 2024 Mustang, Performance Distributors Keeps The Spark Alive With SOS, Gain Control Over Your S550s Body Roll With BMR, Melling Offers New Timing Kits for Ford 4.6L and 5.4L SOHC, Carlisle Ford Nationals Poised To Break Attendance, Street Muscles Review of the 2021 Los Angeles Auto, Event Alert: Holley Ford Festival and NMRA World, 1965 Mustang Fastback Is An Early Adopter Of The Coyote, Fenix Is A Next-Gen 69 Camaro With 1,180, 7 Questions With Shelby American President Gary, Vinny Costa The Media Mover And Shaker Behind Street, Josh Stahls Reviva Renews A Resurgence Of LS Swap, Shop Tour: Brian Tooley Racing Expands To Be A One-Stop, Shop Tour: Prestige Motorsports Is Your One-Stop Hot Rod, Full Factory Tour: How Edelbrock Makes Its Cast Aluminum, Can A Cold Air Intake Really Help Your Trucks, How Exactly Does Dual-Fuel Work on a Gen 3, Quick Six with Flaming River: Manual Steering Pros and, Robs Movie Muscle: The 1978 Pontiac Trans Am from, Moser Engineering Can Help Modernize Your Classic Truck Rearend, Ford Motor Company Announces Pricing For 2024 Mustang Lineup, Moser Performance Girdles Add Rearend Strength To Your Third-Member, Skip The Dealership By Winning This Shelby GT500, Corvette Dives Into Crowd At Cars And Coffee, Retro Injection: Modern Fuel Injector Tech Gives Us Room To Grow. Thank you for any information you could give me. Et si je devrai faire recalibrer mon ecm? How to Make a Chevy 454 Vortec More Efficient | It Still Runs Power & Performance News is the source for news, tech and products that help you get more performance from your vehicle. I won't change the exhaust or add a ring eating K&N. Yes, this would be the compatible ECM with your VIN and part #. How to Pick Up Big Power On a Junkyard 454 With a Simple - MotorTrend The truck does not need to be emissions compliant. Its 567 horsepower of usable, reliable, fun power that anybody on a budget can build. Yes, you can pay the $100 up front core charge and be refunded when you send your original back to us. 3. The tuning is custom to each vehicle depending on calibrations, modifications and any special requests. Thank you. I have a 2000 7.4 with a bigger cam cold air kit dual exhaust better mass air flow senser and roller tip rockers can u tune that as well or do you just do stock stuff, I have a 99 k 3500 Chevy 1 ton with 454 5 speed.will your computer tune work in my truck and can I expect 40+hp gain? We set all the parameters in the PCM, so you will not have a way to make adjustments on your end. . The results: 567 horsepower and 537 pound-feet of torque on 89-octane pump gas! Use a set of long-tube headers (exhaust manifolds) and an aftermarket exhaust system. The peak numbers jumped from 791 hp and 713 lb-ft with no intercooler to 847 hp and 761 lb-ft with the intercooler. Thanks, WILL THE 2000 1 TON DULLY I HAVE STILL PASS CAL SMOG WITH THIS TUNE UP EMC. Richard Rowe has been writing professionally since 2007, specializing in automotive topics. Overall Length: 3 inches, 74 mm. The Chevrolet 454s of the 1970s were the most powerful, with the LS5 producing approximately 360 horsepower and the LS6 generating around 450 horsepower. As long as you don't have any emission systems removed, you will pass without any issues. A windage tray, which is cheap and simple to install, can help to keep oil in its proper location by keeping the rotating assembly balanced. Don't know how tuning would work. If they were cheap enough, sure. If you can find this PCM in a salvage yard or from a different type of vehicle that uses the same, we can likely program it to your vehicle for you. 7.4 Vortec Specs Chevy based the 7.4 Vortec off their 454 big block engine, hence the name 454 Vortec. A stock 12v ain't got **** on a BBC. Most ordersare shippedwithin 24 hours from the order date. We set it for the best performance in all conditions, it is not user adjustable. We tune the original black box PCM but do not do the 411 swap. 1997 gmc 3500 cc dually. The Vortec 8100 was built off of the GM 454 engine platform, also known as the 7.4 Vortec. Then, in 2001, GM dropped the 7400 and 454 combination in favor of the final powerful big block, the 8100 496-cubic inch engine with 340 horsepower at 4,200 rpm and 455 foot-pounds of torque at 3,200 rpm. If you would like to place your order feel free to give me a call at 800-417-4559. Mar 20, 2011 #4 M MyBoTy Veteran Member Feb 9, 2002 1,567 Lubbock, Texas USA It has an ohv configuration with two valves per cylinder and a bore and stroke of 4.24 inches x 3 on the intake side. Distributors cap and rotor kit features brass inserts and stainless steel rotor springs,designed to provide the best possible fit to ensure maximum conductivity between the distributor towers and spark plug wires,prevents arc through and crossfire. How To Add 70 Percent More Power to A Chevy 454 V-8 - Top Speed Some of which are going with an upgraded ignition, headers, removing the cats and having the computer flashed to shut down the secondary O2 sensors. I replaced the relay to no avail. The intercooler did indeed drop the inlet air temps before the carburetor from 248 degrees to 111 degrees and the cooler charge dramatically improved the power output. Yes, as long as it is a "J" (8th digit of the VIN) Vortec 7.4L, we can tune it. Stage 1 Upgrade for Mercury 525 EFI. 7.4 Vortec Performance Upgrades - BOOST YOUR ENGINE My next upgrade is going to be exhaust. the Vortec 7400 (454) that came in that suburban is one hell of an engine, there are also many things you can do to get more mileage and power out of it. Your vehicle is not compatible. . The proper application of boost to any motor is never inexpensive, and our Vortech YSI supercharger was not what could be considered low-buck, but it was epic in its effectiveness. Switch to a lightweight synthetic oil. 2019 Rodney W. Brazel Inc. - Ultra RV Products is a Division of Brazel's RV Performance, UltraPower GM / Workhorse 1998-2000 7.4L Vortec (454) Custom Tuning, within 24 hours from the order date. Install an aftermarket windage tray in your engine. Next best upgrade you can make is the Banks TorqueTube headers (, We recommend these injectors:https://www.fiveomotorsport.com/bosch-oem-454-j-code-884-black-knight/. All fuel injector specifications meet or exceed the manufacturer's specification standard. It is an all-iron engine (block and heads . To further improve power, we also upgraded the stock hydraulic roller camshaft with an XM284HR from COMP Cams that offered .547 lift, a 230/236-degree duration split and 112-degree lsa. Although Chevrolet does not explicitly recommend it, because a full synthetic is so slippery, you can use a lighter weight oil without risk of excessive engine wear. I have now disassembled the entire engine (except the crank and pistons) to check that everything looks good, remove all the dirt and grease and to prepare it for a rebuild. It will be plug and play. Any "recalibration" would require sending your ECM to us for programming changes. We can tune it if you can build it :). It would be a good idea to re-tune for the Banks and injection systems. This left us with Mark 4, Gen V and Gen VI big blocks to choose from, any of which would work for this project. $399.99. I wouldn't mind an EGR delete for the part throttle improvement and a cleaner intake, but mostly I would like to keep everything else functioning, I am looking for more torque below 3,000 rpms, ideally in the 1500-2500 range, because almost all of my driving is in that range. high flow intake elbow, filter and MAF Based on experience, we have had good results with Comp Cams 212/218 hydraulic roller camshaft. Buy in monthly payments with Affirm on orders over $50. Turn around time is 1-2 business days. Not only did the cam swap net an additional 52 horsepower (peak-to-peak), but the gains exceeded 80 hp higher in the rev range. Gasoline engines do not require different settings for different conditions like a diesel engine does. The heads used on the L29 combined the large oval intake ports with small (100 cc) combustion chambers to produce a slightly higher (than the Gen V) 9.0:1 compression. I have Bosch Gen III injectors; Volant Air intake; and 3 exhaust. We do not go further back than 1996 (OBD2) modules, sorry. You may also like. Chevrolet BB Gen 6 454-502, '96-'00 Camshafts - Competition Products We can accommodate your requests for the oxygen sensors, speedometer adjustment and increased HP/TQ. I have a 2000 OBS Chevy quad cab with a 454 Vortec. BBK 1710 80mm Throttle Body - High Flow Power Plus Series GM Vortec 305 The performance chip is fully compatible with your Chevrolet Silverado 1500 in all trims, including the 2.7L, 3.0L, 4.3L, 4.8L, 5.0L, 5.3L, 5.7L, 6.0L, 6.2L and 7.4L engines. I am doing a cam swap on a 98 GMC K3500 7.4 comp cams telks me i will need a custom tune according to cam specs this truck is primarily used for towing plan to use stock fuel injection if posdible any info would be greatly appreciated, I have a 1996 Chevrolet K3500 what is 7.4 454. I've installed hypertech power programmer, lower thermostat, gale banks torque tube headers and full exhaust, with hi-flow catalytic converters, shift-kit for tranny and larger external cooler. 5. Check for Availability: $349.95. BBK is your Number One Aftermarket Performance Brand in the USA - American Designed and Built . And a k and n filter. Need advice: 454 VI L29 Build | Hot Rod Forum I've always heard that they were a good upgrade to the TBI 454 and earlier 454 heads. I have a 2000 C3500 with the 454/L29 and auto trans. You claim 40-55hp gains is that something that I will notice drastically or is it more of a subtle power increase? Common Problems with Chevy 454 Vortec (Explained!) Mark McNabb was a contributor at TopSpeed from 2013 to 2018. I just ordered an ECM for my 7.4 and was curious on if you guys did this tuning on the 5.7s? Also I dont have either downstream 02 sensors. 4 Bolt Main GM Factory Vortec, Edelbrock's Performer Multi-Point EFI. can you tune it Perform with these upgrades, We would like to have ordered the 7.4 custom tune ,but appearantly you are out of stock at the moment.Is there any time frame when you will have more modules.I would like to send you mine but I need my vehicle.Also we would like to have had the reasonable price. merci. Vortech supplied a pulley combination that included an 80-tooth crank pulley and 32-tooth blower pulley which provided a drive ratio of 2.5:1. Raylar performance packages allow your 496 to produce massive amounts of power without sacrificing reliability. 454 MK VI (vortec) | NastyZ28.com The tuning alone will be the single biggest change you can make to improve power and throttle response. We can also take care of the TQ management for you. If it does work what would do for pulling and climbing hills? Just wondering because Id buy one of those as well. Thanks. Is this enough information to create a tune or will you need more information? If you had the proper tuning software, you could tune it yourself later. I have a 1998 Winnebago Brave on a p30 chassis with the 7.4 with a Banks Power Pack. We will safeguard your e-mail and only send content you request. Another popular upgrade is changing to Bosch 4 hole injectors. It can be done fairly cheap , power for days and 15-20mpg, I repeat. With the intercooler assembly in place, we once again ran the blown big block in anger with amazing results. We are unaware of any cam upgrades specifically for the L21. Precision Auto Injectors Set of 8 Genuine OEM 1996-2000 GMC Chevy 7.4L 454CID Vortec Rochester Fuel Injectors. I have a 2000 GMC school bus with the L21 7400 motor. Wiring is the same. Not sure if you have any other issues causing low power though because it should outperform the 5.7L, especially towing. Other #s not sure what they are if theyre useful, 86DAFMM0017433PS, HDW # 16239740. a good set of headers help to.
Robert Mealy Funeral Home, Fatal Car Accident Brandon, Fl, Similarities Of Gender Roles In Different Cultures, Rent To Own Homes In Fayetteville, Nc No Credit Check, Neoliberalism In Developing Countries, Articles OTHER