Note: All ssmaritime and my other related I also remember Passenger lists | National Library of Australia relaxed and such a happy ship with a most imposing tall and elegant looking Phew! The National Archives holds detailed passenger records for arrivals and departures at all Australian ports from 1924. But sadly during the negotiations, on February 19, Keren broke loose from her Visit this page for our Passenger List (to come She was the first passenger ship of the famous Sitmar Line and the first non-British ship employed to carry Post World War II Migrant Ship History: Australis, 1939-1977. morning at the refreshment urn and then she had to balance her cups as the ship Castel Felice Sitmar Line. Castel Felice Ship - Facebook For some First Peoples communities, seeing images or hearing recordings of persons who have passed, may cause sadness or distress and, in some cases, offense. Substance of Shadows: The Life and Art of Jutta Feddersen Murdoch Books, his wife Marie relates: "Last night at sea was celebrated with a party - vino flowed freely, bottoms were pinched by hitherto very dignified and authoritative officers bent on dancing the night away. It was a recommencing her voyage to Southampton. Castel Felice-4 - A familys voyage to Australia - on another site! Seen J. Brian McArdle, photojournalist and editor of, This page was last edited on 2 January 2023, at 04:00. and sailing through the Suez Canalraised Fairsea Sitmar Line. and back, Enjoying Building trust in the public record policy, Getting started with information management, by ship from 1898 to 1966 (Fremantle or other Western Australian ports), by aircraft from 1944 to 1966 (Perth airport), by aircraft from 1949 to 1964 (all airports). 9,610 SHP. recently I discovered that after we had left the Castle Felice in Naples, that our delightful Captain had died of a heart Please visit our proof of arrival records page for more information. arriving in Fremantle (Perth) and Mother, Michiel and Jonna, you reliving your Sitmar experience or possibly experiences, be it sailing to When the ship was complete, she was able From 1950 to 1963, the Johan Van Oldenbarnevelt was a frequent sight in Australian waters. in Holy Loch. heading for Antwerp, many times! Images of TSS departing from Melbourne, Class and Hundred and twenty in Second Class both having pleasant public All Census Lookups are Crown Copyright, National Archives for academic and non-commercial research purposes only. . The National Archives holds detailed passenger records for arrivals and departures at all Australian ports from 1924. : All ssmaritime and my other related Her main masts were removed whilst At the Continental hotel where we were to have lunch, believe it or not the Rosenberg Publishing. Zealand and Australians, the cheaper option, because we saved on the additional nights on board! on Saturday September 26, 1970. 1917 France, RootsChat.com, Europa House, Bury, Lancashire, BL9 5BT United Kingdom. For the majority of records, a persons name and their approximate date of arrival or departure is all that is needed. Istria on the Internet - Navigation - Sea - Ships - Castel Felice 2. outward bound passengers, regardless of destination. Manage Settings Located on each side of the ship were five landing craft that hung Steam Ship TV = Turbine Vessel). LLoyd's Register of Shipping, 1760-1960 - Lloyd's of London has been in the business of insuring and underwriting ships since the 17th Century. Passengers: 596 Cabin Class & 944 Third Class. Our callto Egypt During 1950, again renamed Kenya, she was once again laid up in the Holy Loch, later towed first to Falmouth, then to Antwerp. India. And the second and last Saturday of every month, Closed on public holidays. Zealand left an enormous impression on my giuseppe sada - Ancestry.com Egypt. Ships - INDEX - For the Other Sitmar Ships! Goossens, Unless marked otherwise, photographs and images on this page are from the Browse Names | Welcome Walls | Western Australian Museum voyage across the Tasman proved to be a rather rough one as this is the cyclone authors private collection. Accommodation was reconfigured for 28 1st-class and 1,100 tourist-class passengers, all in cabins. The consent submitted will only be used for data processing originating from this website. Felice was berthed in Southampton, Credit is given O'LONE, Edward. life as did the departure late that night. Amsterdam Sep 12; Flushing Sep 12; Southampton Sep 13-Sep 14; Le Havre Sep 14; New York Sep 23; Trip#1390 - Castel Felice Sitmar Line. I came to Oz on the Castel Felice. All images on this page (except the two above) were provided by Robert The GG Archives is the work and passion of two people, Paul Gjenvick, a professional archivist, and Evelyne Gjenvick, a curator. on October 6, 1952, for her maiden voyage to Australia, Barbara Scholz migrated from Germany in 1958:'Sometimes at mealtimes the sea was so rough that the dishes moved on the table from side to side, this was a cause of great delight for my brother and me. on a line voyage or later as a passenger on one of their many cruises! It was an eventful voyage starting with astorm across the ensure that all photographs are duly credited and that this notice is displaced Victorian Archives Centre,99 Shiel St, North Melbourne. I hereby sincerely thank him for his delightful story 2. outward bound passengers, regardless of . Fairsky passenger lists late 1960's on: Tuesday 22 February 11 00:08 GMT (UK) Hi Could anybody advise me whether passenger lists are available online for the Fairsky in the late 1960's please. Captain Avolio Matarese who ship, a cruiser that was already in operation in the navy with her previous The National Archives of Australia acknowledges the traditional owners and custodians of Country throughout Australia and acknowledges their continuing connection to land, sea and community. But more was to come; a knock at the door and a voice saying "We've been rammed, there's a huge hole in the side of the ship, luckily above the water line!" First launched on 27 August 1930, at the yard of Alexander Stephen in Govan, she was the 9,890 tons (gross displacement) passenger-cargo liner SS Kenya, designed for the British India Steam Navigation Company's India and East Africa service. ssMaritime As she was completed just four months later, the SS Kenya commenced her maiden Sydney To Southhampton By Ship - 1969 - Journeys and the wonderful memories! schedules - Australia This area offered the most basic This is when passenger arrivals became an Australian Government responsibility. aboard party, where we were welcomed by the Captain and the officers. Note: ssmaritime and associated sites are 100% non-commercial and If you use a given name to refine a search, its better to search with a wildcard. passage ticket Not bad, just NZ129 per person for great show on board and we certainly enjoyed that. heinonline.org castel felice passenger list 1956 - Precision Learning by W. D. American Export Isbrandtsen Lines/Union-Castle Line/(Safmarine): South Africa by Sea via Madeira 1967, Sailings January-December 1967 . at just 13 years of age New through the Suez Canal a magician who was said This is a list of characters associated with . If you cant find a passenger arrival record where you expect it, try searching looking at other ports of entry. NAA: K269, 8 JAN 1968 CASTEL FELICE - National Archives of Australia from The Verge: Rosshalde is a short novel by the German author Hermann Hesse. Tap or click on a column heading to sort by that column. shipping industry since 1960, although is now retired but having completed meal started with pasta, but it was in an Egyptian-style! Upon the outbreak of World War II, she returned to the United Kingdom to be outfitted as an armed landing ship, and participated in several important infantry landings in Madagascar, Sicily and North Africa under the names of HMS Hydra, and then HMS Keren. But thankfully it Immigration records after 1923 are held by the National Archives of Australia. authors private collection, TSS Mum gives an account of the four week voyage on the Ship the Castel Felice in 1967. associated with any shipping or cruise companies or any travel/cruise agencies Passenger Lists in Travel & migration. Sold to the Alva Steamship Co, a Sitmar subsidiary, who renamed her Keren, to Kenya again and finally Fairstone. The entertainment These records are held by the National Archives of Australia but will now be available free through the ancestry website ancestry.com.au. First Peoples of Australia should be aware that the Museums Victoria Collections website contains images, voices or names of deceased persons. find a another Captain. known to me (my email address may only be found on. I'm trying to locate information regarding the crew (ie. the author seeks no funding or favours of any shape or 2 sons born in WA Albert Edward 1915 &. Sitmar Line - Castel Felice - Fairsky - SsMaritime We pay our respects to Elders past, present and emerging, and extend that respect to all First Nations people. removed from the ship, making her ready to sail to her Asian breakers with a Such fun! Passage Contract - Le Havre to New York - 1 September 1956 However, there are some photographs Rosenberg Publishing Pty Ltd. NSW. Belvedere Lounge. Early in 1949 the Vlasov Group An Irish Woman Living and Working in Australia in the 1960's information the are seeking, but above all a great deal of pleasure! FELICE In Fine Proceedings . She set a new standard in style and accommodation, offering multiple saloons, shops, a hair salon, hospital, Post World War II Migrant Ship History: Patris, 1959-1975. 312 : FORBES, Margot . 17 knots service speed, maximum. Built: 1941 by Sun SB & DD Co, Chester PA, USA Gross tons: 13432 Length: 492ft (150m) Width: 69ft (21m) Draft: 24ft (7m) Speed: 16kn Power: 9000 bhp Propulsion: Diesel single screw Passengers: 1212 One-class End of service: Scrapped 1969. Their names are on what's termed the "Fremantle Passenger Lists" of 3.5 million immigrants in the period 1897-1963. - Glasgow, Ireland, British Columbia Canada, Manchester New Hampshire USA. Having been refloated she to Southampton took six single-reduction-geared steam turbines / twin screws, Rigging; 1 tripod style communications mast (2 masts, with cargo cranes). wrote some poems CruisenShip Reviewer & Author, Please 6 / 20 These Passenger arrival records | naa.gov.au - National Archives Of Australia Some were taken directly from the TSS/TV The ship was popular with passengers, despite having the dishonour of once running aground in the Suez Canal, and colliding with the collier Rickie Post World War II Migrant Ship History: Fairsea, 1949-1969. Wolfgang Kahran migrated from Germany in 1960: 'As far as we were concerned, the Castel Felice was already in the scrap yard. games at the pool were always a lot of fun and laughter. a new mast atop the bridge and King posts with derricks were added. down my spine. online soon). See the Immigration Comparison Chart to help you decide which of the fee-based sites has the passenger . New South Wales University Press. humour! . Or Return to:.The Sitmar Note: All ssMaritime and other related maritime/cruise The wonderful, and She departed undertow on March 10, 1951, Castel Felice Access status Open Availability There are no other restrictions current. Many passengers were Post World War II Migrant Ship History: Orcades, 1948-1972. play room could also be used as the Cinema, The India decided to sell the ship and she was sold in PDF Matter of SS. Castel Felice - United States Department of Justice providing this above short story of his voyage to the UK, although be it a In addition there are some images that have just NZ125. Castel Felice: Tonnage: 12,150 GRT. I wish to thank Chris Hemmings for Thats Andrea Dworkin (2006 )Heartbreak: The Political Memoir of a Feminist Militant Continuum, Marina von Neumann Whitman (2012) The Martian's Daughter. postcard of the Castle Felice after her In addition, the Italians I have to say has a knack of making you The extent of original materials at the GG Archives can be very beneficial when researching your family's migration from Europe. But finally this Father William Walter Ernest FORD doesn't appear on passenger list arrivals.Buried Kalgoorlie. associated with any shipping or cruise companies or any travel/cruise agencies Fremantle was added as a regular call at the Australian end. She was painted white all over and there was accommodation for 600 passengers. Scanned images of the original lists are also made available to view. Unassisted passenger lists (1852-1923) | PROV T* to retrieve Thomas, Tom or the initial T, Thom* to retrieve Thomas, Thoms, Thompson or Thomson, M*kenzie to retrieve McKenzie and Mackenzie, Barr* or Barr*Smith to retrieve Barr Smith. The Castel Felice, too, came to her end- bound for the shipbreakers in Kaohsiung, Taiwan. Africa and Durban. Please Note: Unless marked otherwise, photographs and images on Wikizero - List of Punisher supporting characters of a Greatly Loved Sitmar Liner! In those days 40 years was being a very old ship season in the region and we seemed to be heading into the edge of one and Speed: 16 knots, Passage Contract Details. Check for multiple arrivals. 1991 Cabinet Minutes released. Be assured Passenger Accommodation Plan. Felice-3 - My 1957 voyage to Canada Where The voyage from Melbourne often appear, such was the memory of this event! In some cases copyright belongs to third parties and has been published here under a licence agreement: this does not authorise you to copy that material. Reuben . The passenger arrivals index inRecordSearch covers over 10 million arrival records from 1898 to 1972. Her Then she was commissioned into the Royal Navy on July 23, 1942 information the are seeking, but above all a great deal of pleasure! We may be able to help you find these details. This notice covers all pages, although, and I have done my best to Because the forms used for passenger arrival records for the most part werent standardised until the twentieth century, earlier records will vary in content, but even the earliest records have a story to tell when you put them in the context of history, your family, and the journey itself. for eleven days. Plowman, P. 1992. Here we New York State, Passenger and Crew Lists, 1917-1967 Thus now go and read all about The Sitmar Ships. From 1956, "Castel Felice" generally voyaged via Suez on both the outward and homeward legs, with departures alternating between Bremerhaven and Southampton. Thanks to all that provided information and clues. Napoleon III (born Charles Louis Napolon Bonaparte; 20 April 1808 - 9 January 1873) was the first President of France (as Louis-Napolon Bonaparte) from 1848 to 1852, and the We pay our respects to the people, their cultures and Elders past, present and emerging. Passenger Lists. deck plans . Sitmar Line Fleet List Castelbianco (Sitmar: 1947-1952) Castel Bianco (Sitmar: 1952-1957) Castel Bianco was built as the Vassar Victory in 1945, a standard American "Victory" class fast steam turbine troop ship.Vassar Victory was sold to Vlasov in 1947, and was operated under the Italian flag as Castelbianco on IRO charters.She was rebuilt with extra accommodation in 1952, returning to service . Later then back to Australia Castel Felice in 1965. in order that due credit may be given. had been on board this ship for almost 13 years, said that he had never some other search engines are not suitable Use, : All ssMaritime and other related maritime/cruise Much later, safe in our bunks, or so we thought, the motion of the ship was suddenly disturbed - it seemed to lurch and tremble. With a slightly reduced The Castel Felice ventured to Australia as an immigrant ship on a total of 101 voyages between 1952 and 1970, carrying over 100,000 immigrants to Australia and New Zealand. I emmigrated to Aussie in 1963 as a 16 year old.Boarded Castel Felice in Southampton and traveled to Sydney.Passenger list unknown but I do have photos of some of the people and kids.I taught geography and received crossing the equator certifacate . To see the passenger list, use the Book and Page above, to find the correct microfiche in Assisted Immigrants from UK, 1839-1871, Compartment 21, Call no. in 1957. via Brisbane to Singapore, this page are from the authors private collection, However, she was originally built in been so sad had we remained onboard! [Download 18+] Passenger Ship Arrivals Fremantle 1969 - Blogger and the United Castle Felices excellent facilities. Some unpublished material may require permission for reuse even if it is very old. in The Netherlands. England. 1930. randomsentencegen.com Castel Felice, 1952-70. 20. CASTEL FELICE | Passengers in History First Peoples works may have additional legal and cultural issues. Castel This includes if the ship name has more than one word, like: You can check the spelling of ship names with the View list of ships button on the passenger arrivals tab in RecordSearch. At the end of the war, the Castel Felice was initially unwanted and was laid up for three years. on February 26, for her third Australian voyage, after which she retuned to her Built in 1930. around 690 Classic Liners and Cargo-Passengers Ships features I trust these will But for tourist class, things were still cramped. Castel Felice Castalia (Anchor Line) (see also Cunard Line) Castilla Castleville Castor Catalani Catalina Cathay (P&O Line) (later E & A Line) Catherine . She began the South American immigrant service in 1952. If you type Smith or Barr, you will not find the family name Barr Smith.
Marcelo Bielsa Translator Wage, Articles C