Prior to Tropical Smoothie Cafe, Mark served as Chief Marketing Officer with Floor Coverings International where he was responsible for driving the brands digital transformation and leadership position in service-based franchising. Charles Watson was named CEO in December 2018. Charles Watson, CFE - Chief Executive Officer - Tropical Smoothie Cafe He's no stranger to franchise development, nor is Charles Watson an outsider, having served four years as the company's Chief Development Officer in addition to his prior role as VP of Franchise Development. Michael Lapid joined Tropical Smoothie Cafe in October of 2019 to the role of Chief Information and Digital Officer. I would say that understanding the viewpoints and drivers of the different stakeholders I was serving was important. Start a Tropical Smoothie Cafe Franchise in 2023 - Entrepreneur So were a brand thats going to be close to pushing a 3:1 investment ratio. Paul Marsden oversees development and execution of financial strategies to support the companys business plans. charles watson tropical smoothie net worth. It is, however, a "darn good chaser," he said and . Occhiogrosso: What is the mission and goal of the company over the next few years? Watson has been with Tropical Smoothie Cafe for many years now, so he has seen the growth up close. Knowing that those essential workers are not only in the healthcare fields, weve also extended our giving to grocery store, warehouse and post office employees. Were now seeing a big acceleration in the business in 2021, much of that is attributable to our franchisees, really working hard to stand up digital channels. Tropical Smoothie is a Georgia-based company that owns and operates a chain of restaurants serving smoothies, sandwiches, wraps, salads and soups. When I became CEO, I launched a formal franchisee advisory council, known in our organization as the Tropical Franchisee Council (TFC). We can go to camp, we can be counselors. I think the biggest shift will take place for those restaurants that can't be open right now. This information appears in Item 19 of our Franchise Disclosure Document. FDD Talk 2021: Tropical Smoothie Cafe Franchise Review (Financial Occhiogrosso: How do you feel about franchise advisory councils? Prior to being named CEO in 2018, Charles served as the chief development officer for Tropical Smoothie Cafe. And the digital guest experience is another way for our customers to use us. Opinions expressed by Forbes Contributors are their own. Glad Tidings: Are Seasonal Franchises A Good Investment? With the fast-casual spot gaining more recognition every year, there's a good chance that you won't be seeing your favorite Tropical Smoothie Cafe going anywhere anytime soon . Right now we have a BLT quesadilla. Previously with Papa Johns International as the Vice President, Global Digital Technology, Michael is a seasoned technology executive with vast engineering and operations expertise, leadership, and a deep understanding of digital technology and guest experiences. We add some spice to it. Tropical Smoothie Cafe has deals in place for hundreds more locations in the pipeline and is on track to meet Charles aggressive goal to hit 1,500 locations by the end of 2024. F-9894), New York, North Dakota, Oregon, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Virginia, Washington and Wisconsin. Were any of the franchisees reluctant to follow the system or embrace a new direction? "When COVID-19 struck the restaurant landscape in mid-March, we closed all dining rooms and shifted our focus to drive-thru, curbside pickup, and delivery where available. Sometimes youve just got to go with the taste. Challenge the Pros: Leveraging To Meet Development Goals Tropical Smoothie Cafe, LLC . Previously with Papa Johns International as the Vice President, Global Digital Technology, Michael is a seasoned technology executive with vast engineering and operations expertise, leadership, and a deep understanding of digital technology and guest experiences. By year-end 2018 we opened 110 cafes and signed 191 new franchise agreements. "I wanted to further instill a franchisee-first mentality. We have very dedicated franchisees that just go out there and drive the business every day. For me, its about really making sure that those DMAs [distinct market areas] or those different cities are all well represented and well connected so that our brand can compete in those different cities. New Hires To Our C-Suite Team - Tropical Smoothie Cafe LLC What are some of your interests outside of work? In these roles, Charles was responsible for all development of the Tropical Smoothie Cafe brand. Meet Our New CEO Charles Watson - Tropical Smoothie Cafe LLC So whats your own personal favorite smoothie? Charles Watson, the CEO of Tropical Smoothie Care, was thrilled with his companys performance so far this year, which is what youd expect from a chain whose. Complete the form or call 770-821-1928, and a Tropical Smoothie Cafe franchise development leader will reach out to you with more information. There are currently 913 franchised locations and 1 company-owned restaurant. Previously, Cheryl held a 17-year tenure with Popeyes, during which she served as Vice President of Franchise Development, Vice President of Development Strategic Planning, and Director of Investor Relations and Finance. CEO Charles Watson, who took the reins in 2019, said Tropical Smoothie's goal was to eclipse 1,000 restaurants by 2021 and 1,500 locations with AUVs of $1 million in the next five years. Atlanta, GA 30338 A veteran hospitality professional . It was not possible for me to get involved in every project so I had to learn to let go and delegate. In this role, he is responsible for the brand's strategic vision and overall franchise performance. Were any of the franchisees reluctant to follow the system or embrace a new direction? Interested Tropical Smoothie Cafe franchise candidates should have business experience, along with a minimum net worth of $350,000, which includes $125,000 in liquid assets. Thatll come down over time, but were going to open 130 cafes on top of that. Were 100% focused on domestic right now. Every day is a day to celebrate at Tropical Smoothie Cafe, with all the success were having. Find contact details for 700 million professionals. Prior to that, she spent 22 years at BBDO Worldwide, where she was executive vice president and senior director for the global advertising powerhouse, leading campaign strategy and execution for many large national brands. 'The restaurant business has been absolutely decimated': Tropical In support of National Nurses Appreciation Month in May, we have also pledged to donate $100,000 to the American Nurses Foundations COVID-19 Response Fund upon reaching our goal of giving away 1,000,000 smoothies. So our franchisees, if theyre staying on top of their Tropical Smoothie Cafe, theyve got to own that three to five mile radius around there. My mentality and passion for what I do has remained consistent at every stage of my career, carrying over to when I first started with Tropical Smoothie Cafe in 2010, as the brands first vice president of franchise development. So its got a little bit of indulgence to it. Charles is directly responsible for selling more than 800 franchises during his tenure. How do you feel about franchise advisory councils? So that was helpful! Paul Marsden oversees development and execution of financial strategies to support the companys business plans. New York State Disclaimer: This advertisement is not an offering. What was the condition of the company before you were named CEO? Because of our amazing guests, our franchisees, and the communities they serve, including those on the front lines of this pandemic, we will get through this. Prior to joining Tropical Smoothie Cafe, Richard was the Vice President of Operations, West Division, for Papa Murphys International where he was responsible for field operations and marketing. Paul Marsden oversees development and execution of financial strategies to support the companys business plans. Charles also serves on the boards of the International Franchise Association (IFA) and the Certified Franchise Executive (CFE) program. And that really got us down this road of: What is our purpose? Charles also serves on the boards of the International Franchise Association (IFA) and the Certified Franchise Executive (CFE) program. And it has been a fantastic partnership because we can see the benefit of the dollars that were putting in. we dont want to go to Manhattan and open 30 locations. And so I think thats only going to fuel our continued growth going forward. At the start of his career, Michaels ambitious spirit led him to develop a point of sale system, Hot Sauce. As you know, the restaurant industry has taken a huge hit. Its in Casco, Maine, Camp Sunshine. Within the first day, several local franchisees jumped on board and donated more than 600 smoothies each, and the donations just kept growing from there. Tropical Smoothie Cafe has deals in place for hundreds more locations in the pipeline and is on track to meet Charles' aggressive goal to hit 1,500 locations by the end of 2024. Although COVID-19 has directly impacted our business, some days being down more than 50 percent, we consider ourselves lucky to have a business model that allowed us to easily transition to grab-and-go, curbside, and delivery only. Atlanta, GA ( RestaurantNews.com ) Tropical Smoothie Cafe, a leading national fast-casual cafe franchise known for both its better-for-you smoothies and food with a tropical twist, continues its . 770-580-2333 Cheryl Fletcher, CDO, Bold Woman in Franchising But the Mango Berry Cosmo has overtaken it. We have quesadillas, we have flatbread sandwiches, we have sandwiches, we have salads. Total investment for a new cafe opening ranges between $246,500 and $580,500. Since that time, he has led the company on its quest towards $1billion in sales by 2023. I was born with a strong work ethic. We find that real fruits, veggies, and juices just taste better.". Yes, I am putting my mark on the brand and culture, but I have been around long enough not to stray too far from the DNA of the brand.". In these roles, Charles was responsible for all development of the Tropical Smoothie Cafe brand. This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply. Charles also serves on the boards of the International Franchise Association (IFA) and the Certified Franchise Executive (CFE) program. Tropical Smoothie Cafe Continues Aggressive Expansion In Texas Tropical Smoothie Cafe announces Charles Watson as the new Chief Executive Officer. He's no stranger to franchise development, nor is Charles Watson an outsider, having served four years as the company's Chief Development Officer in addition to his prior role as VP of Franchise Development. Cheryl Fletcher, Chief Development Officer of Tropical Smoothie Cafe, shares highlights of her career and leadership style in Franchising. Next year marks 25 years since the brands founding. Again, the franchising, especially in Tropical Smoothie, it is a local business. in December 2018. Looking ahead to twelve months or two years down the road, Watson had this to say: Tropical Smoothie Cafe is in an incredible growth phase. As a restaurant executive, hospitality should be in your blood. There is no assurance that you will do as well. Richard has served in a franchise operations capacity for more than 20 years with brands such as TCBY, Carvel, and Moes Southwest Grill. Tropical Smoothie Cafe Celebrates Milestone Opening of 1,100th Location We strive to continue to harness these relationships in this way and feel that this approach will continue to fuel our success.
Nicole Alstott Net Worth, Articles C