If you are still unsure and would like further clarification as to whether or not you have a dead bat, please give our knowledgable Bat Experts a call at (866-321-2287). Aluminum | 2 5/8 Barrel, Easton | REFLEX Baseball Bat | USA | -12 Drop | 2 1/2" Barrel | 1 Pc. Performance bat makers tend to focus on an end cap composition that doesnt give the cheap bat sound. 4 0 obj Today when one of the boys was using it, the end cap came off. Miken Bat Warranty Dept: 1-877-807-5291 Wood Bats: There is not a warranty on wood bats unless otherwise noted. If the cap keeps coming off, then you might need to think about replacing your bat. Unfortunately, sometimes the end cap of a softball bat will pop out of the barrel, either from the stress of repeated impacts or from a poor manufacturer's fit. But,only you will know if your bat is making a sound that is not right or different from when you first started swinging it. Keep it submerged for about a minute. Demarini is committed to achieving Level AA conformance for this website under the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0, and other applicable accessibility standards. Water temperature should be between 50 and 80 degrees Fahrenheit to cause the bat's fibers to expand.. Yes, you can. Composite bats that are hot and still dont hit true might be dead or headed there.if(typeof ez_ad_units != 'undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[300,250],'thebatnerds_com-large-mobile-banner-2','ezslot_9',119,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-thebatnerds_com-large-mobile-banner-2-0'); Always remember that aluminum and composite bats have a limited life, and so they will eventually lose their pop over time. This end cap will fit ALL COMPOSITE EASTON BATS made from 2000 - 2009. How to Tell If a Composite Bat Is Dead? 5 Signs of a - The Bat Nerds Not cool. It features a forged end cap and a cushioned Flex grip, providing additional comfort. r9Q[)MbHd/zQX57+=1_}./]Oi) Keep in mind that composite bats do require a break-in period. Otherwise, if the umpire allows it, keep swinging! This process is referred to as breaking in a composite bat. If the bat is dead, you will notice that hits dont travel as far as they used to. Please believe me if you are in Additionally, composite bats can be balanced for increased control, or end-loaded for added power. It was about 70 out yesterday hitting 44 .400s and hit one off the end of the barrell and I just heard it crack. The end caps on ALL of the new Eastons crack easily and often. If you would like to change your settings or withdraw consent at any time, the link to do so is in our privacy policy accessible from our home page.. You may need to use a rubber mallet to get it all the way back into position. An example of data being processed may be a unique identifier stored in a cookie. We have someone ready to take your call at all times! Keep your bat out of extreme hot or cold temperature areas such as the trunk of your car. Its brand-new SPEED CAP provides a more flexible and responsive barrel while enhancing its sound, so when contact is made, everyone in . That boring old end cap may be the most important piece of any bat. T are no signs of its removal on the visible portion. Under this limited warranty, Louisville Slugger will provide a one-time repair or replacement of your non-wood bat within 1 year from the date of purchase (Warranty Period) for the following 3 conditions resulting from normal field use (1) severe denting, (2) structural cracking, or (3) broken end caps or knobs. Jul 1, 2021. 4. mikeisaphreek 1 yr. ago. Often, we often see questions such as how to tell if composite bat is dead, do composite bats lose their pop, how to tell if a bbcor bat is dead? So is there any way to tell if your bat is dead? Dont think its right for me to have to use one of my returns 3 days after purchase with under 100 swings on the bat. Bats losing their pop happens due to lost compression from cracks, loose connection points, end caps that come undone, etc. I've not had it thrown out yet so I'd keep swinging your until an ump tells you not to. Do Not use bat in 65 2. Without obvious signs like cracking or denting, it can be hard to know for sure. Here at JustBats.com, we recommend about 150-200 swings off of a tee or by hand toss with a quarter rotation after each swing. Aluminum | 2 1/4 Barrel, Easton CRYSTAL Fastpitch Softball Bat | -13 | 1 Pc. Easton's limited bat warranty is as follows: For the periods specified below from the date of original purchase, Easton will warrant the following bats against defects in materials or workmanship: Composite and Aluminum bats - 1 year. Apply a thin layer of urethane epoxy inside the barrel grooves. Please believe me if you are in Noticed my salvo has a crack through the endcap after 3 bp sessions. The team at JustBats does not necessarily recommend using this method because it is never a good idea to hit your knob on the ground. Use regulation baseballs and softballs only. 3 0 obj In fact, we often see the redesign of an end cap on a bat as a key piece of a bats year over year upgrade. Along with my need of bases, line chalk and pitchers rubbers the shopping and purchasing of Easton products was the easiest avenue of my job. Amazon.com: Easton End Cap Cap came off bbcor bat-fixable?? | High School Baseball Web Cosmetically, your bat could also be in decent shape but could still let you down during games or cage sessions. On the other hand, composite bats need a couple of hundred hits to perform at their full potential. $20.00 + $8.15 shipping. Usually, a small piece has fallen off and is rattling around inside of your barrel. BBCOR vs USSSA Baseball Bats Which is Better? Few things are as heartbreaking as your expensive new bat dying a premature death. If your end cap simply popped off or came loose, you can easily reattach it. Here is how an end cap might affect performance. We (Marucci) have moved to a rolled-end barrel design to help eliminate as much stiffness towards the end of the barrel as possible. Bat Shaving Service - Add-On Services - Homerun Derby Bats If it is cracked it will sound off, vibrate badly, and ball won't jump off the bat. If a bat is dead, it should make a dull thud sound. If you take the help of a friend, make sure he has a good grip on the bat. With new bat standards approaching, do you think Easton would really want to spend the money to manufacture newer, stronger caps or charge you returns and boost sales for more needed bats (especially the NR bat crowd)? Easton Quantum BBCor baseball bat -3 - Athlete's Haven You can buy a new end cap from most sporting goods stores or from the bat manufacturer. Aluminum, Easton | JEN SCHRO The Very Best Fastpitch Softball Catcher's Equipment | Box Set | NOCSAE Certified | Multiple Sizes/Colors, Easton | Speed COMP Youth Baseball Bat | USA | -10/-13 Drop | 2 5/8 Barrel | 1 Pc. Aluminum, Easton FUZE 360 -10 USSSA Youth Baseball Bat, 2 3/4 in. So it goes without saying that a knob falling off or an end cap popping out or pushing in may signal the end of the road for your bat. If you are positive that your bat is dead, let's get the warranty replacement process started as soon as possible. You can feel for large dents and warping across the length of the barrel to tell if your alloy bat is damaged. Composite, Easton | PRO X Baseball Batting Helmet | Jaw Guard Included | Matte Finish | Multiple Sizes/Styles, Easton SAPPHIRE Fastpitch Softball Bat | -12 | 1 Pc. Showing 1 - 10 in 24 results. But before fixing it, the first thing you need to do is take it off. The best way to test for these dents is to run your hand across the barrel. Remember, we're here for you from click to hit! [An end cap] material that is too soft or hard willmake the bat sound dead or have too much of a ping that players think sounds cheaplike a rec league batWe were able to tune the sound with the material and structure to get a sound similar to previous BESR bats. You do not want to use cheap wood or metal glue that you can get at your local dollar store. What You Need to Remove the End Cap of a Softball Bat, Step 3 Use a Screwdriver to Open the End Cap. My CNT+ endcap cracked last year, but since it's a NR I can't get it repaired. As such, they tried to make their bat as quiet as possible at contact. Removing the end cap off of your softball bat is really not that difficult. Now that the glue is softer, you should notice the seat between the cap and the barrel is much clearer. Bat Shaving http://www.bigdawgbatrolling.com/bat-shaving.htmRemove and replace endcap article http://www.bigdawgbatrolling.com/how-to-remove-and-replace-a-so. item 4 New Easton Baseball Bat Replacement End Cap - Fits 2 5/8" Barrel New Easton Baseball Bat Replacement End Cap - Fits 2 5/8" Barrel. Reproduction Softball End Caps - Endcaps! | eBay With the right tools, though, you should not have to pry it too hard to get it to come off. All part of Easton's ploy to deter bat tampering by using more brittle endcaps. And sometimes, the end cap can get damaged or needs fixing. You can be sure it is NOT a piece of the barrel's actual inside. End Cap: Low Pro Of the four different drop 10 models, the CF8 Insane is the only one that's designed for power hitters. i took some more bp with my salvo today and it has roughly 150 cuts on it now and i noticed the endcap is cracked on it, i just hope i don't get charged a return on this, the bats less than a month old, i just got off the phone with easton and i was told that with a cracked endcap you will get charged a return. Then position the softball bat in an upright position (cap side down) and leave it in that position for at least 24 hours. mizuno blackout frenzy craze crush techfire wrath softball bat end cap. Make sure you tell them you just want it fixed. Call the Easton Warranty Department at (888) 259-1297 or go to www.easton.com to fill out a bat warranty submission form to receive a return authorization number and return address. Many bat manufacturers attempting to lower the bats swing immediately redesign the end cap with a lighter material. Thanks for signing up and welcome to theteam! If necessary, use a paintbrush to spread the epoxy evenly. Wipe down every inch of the barrel, both inside and outside. Aluminum | Big Barrel, Easton | PROFESSIONAL BALL CADDY | Baseball/Softball, Easton TOPAZ Fastpitch Softball Bat | -10 | 1 Pc. Break it in, use it in batting practice, and then use it in practice before jumping to conclusions. In fact, without a break-in, many bats don't show their full capabilities. ESPN.com: GEN - Bat controversy lingers over NCAA You need to take the material of your bat into consideration when determining whether or not it is dead. 4. From the knob to the end-cap, this bat was built to give you the highest-performing composite bat you'll find anywhere. A manufacturer once told us that a quieter sound means a better hit. I've seen it plenty of times, but I just try not to hit the EC and all is well. The end cap area can be a bit more delicate so you need to be careful and patient.Step 3 As you turn the bat rolling machine the goal is to get the end cap to creep out about 1/16 to 1/8 of an inch.Step 4 Once the end cap creeps out adjust the bat so the rollers are about 1 inches behind the end cap (as opposed to right up close to it as pictured in step 1. How to Remove and Replace a Softball or Baseball End Cap Easton prides itself on the quality and performance of its products, which meet, and often exceed, industry quality and durability criteria or guidelines. While the end cap gets put in the crapper, things like barrel size, brand name, and grip-feel are the features that get noticed. Also find accessories, bags and apparel. This one-piece design is constructed with lightweight, yet powerful ALX100 Performance Alloy. Shop softball bats from industry-leading brands, including Easton softball bats, . Anything else such as the yellow dimpled balls in batting cages may slow the break-in process or, even worse, damage your bat and void your warranty. I love it for its little nuances, the strategy involved, the drama of a close game, late innings situation, and its deep history. I've never cracked an EC that wasn't my fault. Apply a thin layer of urethane epoxy inside the barrel grooves. T are no signs of its removal on the visible portion. easton ghost bat end cap replacement. Is shaving a softball bat illegal? Wipe away any excess glue seeping out through the cracks between the barrel and the cap. Top Slowpitch Bats for 2023 - HB Sports Inc. End Cap Replacement Send us your bat with your missing End Cap. We apologize for the inconvenience, but something went wrong with thispage. That being said, if you can adjust to the handle design, this could be one of the hottest bats in your arsenal. Some of our partners may process your data as a part of their legitimate business interest without asking for consent. Manage Settings A screw driver will not remove a cap off effectively and will most likely cause damage to the cap. Bat end caps have ridges that grip the inside of the bat barrel and hold it in place; if these ridges are chipped or broken, you cannot reuse the end cap, and you will need to buy a new one. Easton's warranty covers denting, cracking, breaking, loose or detached end caps and rattling. Think I'm gonna stick with my mikens from now on. The end cap or knob of your bat are integral structural pieces of your bat. Reasonable people can tell themselves that the bats sound isnt importantonly the distance the ball carries matters. A performance bat will have a finely tuned end cap that allows for optimum performance at the end of the bat. By clicking "SUBSCRIBE," I agree to receiving marketing and promotional materials from Homerun Derby Bats Only. Contact: [email protected] or call 989-286-6853 *also go to website www.softballbatservice.com It is, in some measure, how performance bats differ from run-of-the-mill big box store bats. And that is what brings me here today. How Long Do Composite Bats Last? Shocking Answer Of 2023 easton ghost bat end cap replacement - Santacrocesrl.eu Pro Tip: Before taking it to a big game, I would recommend trying it out in your practice session. Send us your bat with your missing End Cap. A crack is a deep separation of the outer wall of the bat and in most cases impacts the performance of the bat in a negative way. . if(typeof ez_ad_units!='undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[250,250],'baseballhover_com-banner-1','ezslot_12',181,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-baseballhover_com-banner-1-0');Once it is inside, you can use a hammer to gently tap on the other end of the screwdriver. Easton has an EXCLUSIVE 400-DAY limited bat warranty on all Composite and Scandium Alloy bats, and a one-year . What this means is that you can immediately unwrap your aluminum bat and start swinging for the fences. Also, when repairing your bat, avoid actions that would make your bat appear doctored. 2022 Easton Hype BBCOR is all composite balanced bat for contact hitters, the barrel is made with all new Thermo Composite Technology which is combination of massive barrel and sweet spot. Softball Bat Service & Endcap Repair - Facebook When alloy bats go dead, you will notice significant dents in parts of the bat where it will start to concave. Performance bat companies design advanced end caps that contribute to localized balanced points and pinpoint accuracy on their swing weight. With the 2023 Easton Hype Comp -3 BBCOR bat, we've meticulously engineered every feature to deliver explosive performance at the plate. It is currently an "illegal bat". Don't let paint chips fool you. Big Dawg End cap Services Repairing a broken softball bat end cap will save you the expense of buying a new bat. endobj Anyone else seeing this as an issue? . BY Mike Sweeney [2023] What's the Best Baseball Bat For 9 Year Old 2023 for you? 31 inch. Sometimes, you'll even notice that a composite bat can change sounds over time as it starts to break-in. In truth, a compression test is the only thing thatll tell you for sure, but these testers arent always available. We have even heard of the tried and true method of holding your bat by the barrel and tapping the knob on the ground. Easton Drive Side 12x142mm End Cap for M1-21 SL Rear Hubs 4.6 (2) $1638 FREE delivery Mar 3 - 8 Or fastest delivery Mar 2 - 7 More Buying Choices $15.99 (4 new offers) Easton replaced that bat and the end cap of the replacement bat has also broken. 2 0 obj Steps to Break in a Composite Bat for Baseball & Softball Bats However, I've seen some where the middle of the end cap blows out and there is just a hole there.<<<<easton ghost bat end cap replacement - Las Palmas Next time you peruse the aisles of your local sporting good store, we suggest you pay serious attention to the end cap. I have felt it everytime I've cracked one (5 to7 or so) but I have yet to have the hole blow out on one. Selecting your softball bat depends on two critical factorsyour strength and your hitting style. A few weeks ago we noticed there was a rattle coming from inside the bat and that the end cap was starting to come out the end. 5. Sometimes, albeit rare, the end cap on your softball bat can get broken or dented. All Senior Softball and all wood bats do not have a warranty. You can also use sand paper or a file.Step 2Clean the area you just sanded to remove excess debris. 2016 Easton Bomb Squad Brett Helmer Slowpitch Softball Bat USSSA End The end caps proved strong enough to allow Louisville to make bats with a much larger sweet spot. My account. 34{Tg>q!@p/&nUo)MXXXB=6 b 50QOzEd+! \(XM-ttDD?$lJHFX"RAB{:%5TW|`Uo Connexion max connection system maximizes energy transfer along with a stiffer feel and is injected with Nitrocell foam to help reduce vibration. it has 3-4 small cracks in center of endcap, my endcap cracked through the center then the handle snapped a day later on my srv3. IF YOUR BAT EXPERIENCES (1) SEVERE DENTING, (2) STRUCTURAL CRACKING, OR (3) BROKEN END CAPS OR KNOBS, THEN PLEASE CEASE USING THE BAT AND SUBMIT A WARRANTY CLAIM. Apply epoxy to the inside of your bat's barrel. The end cap ridges snap into the grooves inside the barrel, ensuring a tight fit. It may vary from case-to-case. In most cases, the end cap gets loose slightly, especially if you have been using the bat for quite some time. Our aim is to provide our expertise on everything you need to know when buying baseball & softball equipment. Before we cover this, its important to distinguish between paint chipping, structural cracks, and superficial cracks.if(typeof ez_ad_units != 'undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[300,250],'thebatnerds_com-large-mobile-banner-1','ezslot_8',118,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-thebatnerds_com-large-mobile-banner-1-0'); Paint chipping is normal with use and is not one of the signs of a dead bat. An umpire may disqualify any softball bat with a loose-fitting or missing end cap. degree or under caps have a higher chance of breaking. You need a new end cap and some marine epoxy to glue it back it. How to Repair a Softball Bat End Cap - SportsRec The Bat Nerds is a blog run by a group of friends. Continue with Recommended Cookies. Easton Bat End Cap REAL OEM | #107644788 - Worthpoint.com But if you have never done it before, it does take a bit of elbow grease. Step 1 - Take 50 Hits off a Tee at 50% Power. Technically, that bat is done and cannot be used due to the damage. Call Replacing the end cap should be a priority if yours becomes damaged in any way. The more fibers that are broken down, the greater the trampoline effect and the bigger the bounce off the bat is. On the other hand, aluminum bats dont crack or break. And I am not talking about the bat getting split or cracked along the barrel. PDF Easton's Bat Warranty Submission Form (United States) If game officials suspect that your bat has been doctored, they can remove it from play and investigate it. Hadrian has an Associate of Arts in English from the Community College of Baltimore County. It is ok to be liberal with putting epoxy on area. If you're wanting for a stylish and powerful Baseball bat, the Easton Black Magic pro is a best-in-class choice, it's equipped with an 2-34 super barrel and a lightweight design, making it fantastic for uncomplicated carried around. Choose what type of service/s you would like. Below is a list of bat care tips that will keep your bat performing at the highest level possible for the longest amount of time: Almost all composite and aluminum bats purchased at JustBats.com come with a full twelve (12) month manufacturer's warranty. As you hit with your composite bat more, the composite resin within the bats barrel begins to break down/shatter/loosen. Bat shaving is illegal in all baseball and softball associations. A rattling bat is one where you hear something moving around inside the barrel when you shake it. We also can help with cap removal http://www.bigdawgbatrolling.com/bat-end-cap-repair.htm If your cap has come COMPLETELY off we can re-attach your cap securely so it does not come off again. Start at 50% power for 50 . Hybrid and Comp-model Wood bats 90 days. Sound is one of the quickest ways to know if your bat is either dead or on its last legs. Most leagues require bat testing before use. Only problem is you need a bat rolling machine; electric or manual. Shop All Bats For those slow pitch softball fans out there, this is one of the best ways to tell if your bat is dead. Top 15 List Of Best Baseball Bat Choices in 2023 Below is a brief list of preventative measures you should take. Why the End Cap Matters | The Forgotten Bat Element - Bat Digest Write down the bat model number so you buy the correct end cap.
Michelle Gass Husband, Guns Made Before 1898 For Sale, When Is Valkyrie Heirloom Coming Out, Just Busted Right To Know Chattanooga Tennessee, Articles E