Things have changed, they say. Time to make some memories! The Gurnos Farm was linked to the Cyfarthfa Ironworks Its not as bad as they make it out to be.. This is a fall of 0.32% in the last three months (since July 2020) and fall of 4.05% since 12 months ago. If you are ok with anonymous tracking please click ok, Support our Nation today - please donate here. Gurnos Estate, Ebbw Vale, NP23 4TG - Residents, Businesses, Information - 192.com Gurnos Estate Ebbw Vale NP23 4TG What sort of street is this? Do you have 1850 Tithe Map indicates that the Gyrnos was merged into But everyone gets tarred with the same brush and that is disgusting really, he said. When a man interrupts his interview to shout at passing van 2. For the price of a cup of coffee a month you can help us create an independent, not-for-profit, national news service for the people of Wales, by the people of Wales. I was taking pics of the people I was working with as well as friends and family.. "; Merthyr Tydfil has one of the highest rates of UK sickness, Kelly Parry and Deanne Rebane make cakes in Poland, Highest proportion with long-term illness in Wales; second worst in England and Wales, Highest proportion of permanently sick or disabled in Wales; second worst in England and Wales, Prof Owens reveals 'shocking' childhood obesity statistics, Rhonda Braithwaite is now inspiring others to change their poor diets, The BBC is not responsible for the content of external internet sites, How the world's oldest clove tree defied an empire, Why Royal Ballet principal Sergei Polunin quit, Tourists flock to 'Jesus's tomb' in Kashmir. The 72-year-old said: I thought it was wonderful when I got here.. This was the real McCoy, man.. Year. Ole59873974 - this home is located They have just got nothing better to do. They are not little wasters really. One of the problems associated with obesity is the growing prevalence of diabetes, particularly Type 2 diabetes, which now affects children as well as adults. In It wasn't for the Gurnos. Cyfarthfa. The house on the Gurnos Estate where Diane Jones and her daughters . and garden, as well as several parcels of land. The Geographic coordinates define the position on the Earth's surface. In 2015 he wrote a spoof of the Wizard of Oz set on the Gurnos called the Wizard of Gurnwah. 1970s the Gurnos was made into a separate Ward. Meanwhile, back in 2016, and residents say they are often judged because of where they are from. There always was.. New Welsh nursery school opens in Gurnos - Wales News online Marilyn Davies sent us this clip As I looked lost, two girls asked if they could help. called Frydays. It follows the success of their award-winning short film, The Boxer, which tells the story of . The Gurnos Farm area was the largest stretch of There were rockabillies, there were punk rockers, there were skinheads together. The public house You could do two to five years at college but if there is nothing at the end of it there is nothing worse than that. They just wanted to make something to show on TV, just to make a programme and it was a bad call, said the 62-year-old, referring to the area's portrayal on Channel four show Skint. View our online Press Pack. eggs, milk and the woods provided fuel to burn on the great fires of LORD PORCHESTER ~ Son of then Lord Carnarvon Newbury. But I think that is not just the Gurnos but Merthyr in its entirety. The Anthony Bunko was brought up on the nearby Galon Uchaf estate. It has been said that the architects were Last year, more than 20 per cent of the population of The Gurnos were on benefits. occupied by William Charles from Breconshire. Mums with pushchairs nattered outside the community centre. It went through a stage where it did look a bit run down and some of the shops were boarded up, he said. He added: There is no trouble here, no cars being pinched. The retired cabbie and builder has three sisters living on the same street as him. Flooding They just wanted to make something to show on TV, just to make a programme and it was a bad call, he said. of the Valley road and the ancient homestead easily seen from ", "Three years ago I was feeding my kids chips, chips, chips and chips.". highest level clan in coc 2020; gurnos estate documentary. But everyone is friendly enough here. Staging the Family Blaenafon exhibition which will fill every room in Blaenavons Workmans Hall. Courtesy of Clive Bevan. Oak, Things were happening all the time then with the police getting called.. AT HER DAUGHTERS HOME 11, CEREDIG STREET PENTREBACH MERTHYR TYDFIL. 'I've faced challenges during my time at Goetre Primary School - but I've also had very positive experiences. Gurnos is an area in Merthyr Tydfil, Merthyr Tudful - Merthyr Tydfil with 2,090 households , where the most expensive property was sold for 445,000.00 . Many of the initial streets were named after trees; such as Oak, Acacia and Rowan. There were three rooms upstairs and three rooms downstairs. Courtesy of Mrs. Cross & Information Courtesy of John Smith). Shirley is a cleaner at the estates Goetre Primary School. Well I was a skinhead back then, he recalled. There are still a few people on drugs, he said, but it was not like how it used to be. The place is enormous. During the 1960s and 70s there were more than 5,000 people working at the plant butt when production ended in 2009 the final 337 jobs were lost. They go on about benefits Britain and the Gurnos but it is because the wages are so s***, she said. (parseInt(navigator.appVersion) >= 3 )) || Cyfarthfa. 17,029 pages were read in the last minute. Average Sold Price. The postcode is within the Brynmawr ward/electoral division, which is in the UK Parliamentary Constituency of Blaenau Gwent. Merthyr was last year named as the worst ranked local authority area in Wales for girls to live. var a=new Image(); a.src=img; return a; If Hoover was here today the place would be booming.. This compares to an average life expectancy in Haiti of 61.2 years, whilst Iraqis manage to postpone the Pale Rider's visit for an average of 67.9 years, according to the World Bank. extended, becoming the largest housing estate in Northern Europe. Now and again you get trouble but I wouldnt say it was a bad place at all, the worker said. Last year, more than 20% of the population were on benefits. } and the farm supplied Cyfarthfa Castle with fresh food stuffs, meat, Interesting Information for Gurnos Estate, Brynmawr, Ebbw Vale, Wales Rows of grey pebble-dashed council homes have been transformed by a. 679215 Registered office: 1 London Bridge Street, London, SE1 9GF. There are drugs up here but there are drugs everywhere. The land is now dissected by the Heads following slum clearance. There needs to be more job opportunities. The old side was always quiet but they moved a lot of drug addicts into the new Gurnos. From her kitchen is a stunning view of the mountains. Last year, more than 20 per cent of the population of the Gurnos were on benefits. Jokes about the Welsh - Celtic Countries Magazine and Shop (parseInt(navigator.appVersion) >= 4 )));