This is a forum where guitarists, from novice to experienced, can explore the world of guitar through a variety of media and discussion. https://www.reddit.com/r/Guitar/comments/8gwnnl/gear_discussion_ibanez_az_hss/?utm_source=reddit-android. Ibanez Prestige AZ2204N Electric Guitar - Prussian Blue Metallic But for a classic, solid body Strat style guitar with a non-locking bridge? It will have a thicker-than-typical neck for an Ibanez, but probably still thinner than average and I wouldn't be surprised if it's a hair thinner than that Fender. Based on other sound demos on the internet, it sounds Strat-y with a lot of mojo. If you're using a bar like than stick with double lockers. Ibanez Jem: Suhr Modern: Pickups (and wiring - Id probably want to rewire either of these to a standard 5-way) are pretty easy to change, and if you wanted to split the difference sand get something more traditional sounding into the AZ, thats pretty easy. I can tell the difference between a USD$300 Strat and a USD$1500 Strat, but those differences generally wont make a difference to how well Ill be able to play on it, or how much Ill enjoy it (with the exception of whether I specifically hate the pickups on a cheap guitar, but I can do a full pickup replacement that will suit my taste for max of about $300 if I have to). Having played both and owned the Ibanez premium 224 I would say the Ibanez felt a little nicer than the Schecter. I like the singles a lot. Ibanez AZ2402 ICM You have two major points of bias though. To start viewing messages, Need input, going to buy a Suhr modern or std, or Ibby AZ Mouser in recent years has tapped into the guitar market by offering musical specific items from distributors. And these are all compound-radius guitars meaning that the radius changes with higher frets. Welcoming yet another expansion to the highly successful AZ series, Ibanez is proud to introduce the AZES or AZ Essentials line. If you're using a bar lime Timmons would, then you'll find it will perform to that level well. The only widely available cheap strat Ive stumbled across lately that I really disliked was the newish ultra-cheap Kramer Focus from Gibson. I had a Charvel DK24 on my hit list, too, as a high-quality more affordable 24-fret guitar. Even the neck profile, negligible differences. 2023: The Year Epiphone Became Unaffordable, Don't store picks in zip bags for too long. With the release of the stripped-back AZ Ibanez Essentials range, has Ibanez created the ultimate beginner's guitar? I owned a few AZ's including the Tom Quayle and while they all sounded great, my Suhr Modern Satin is just "it" for me. IMO the Ibanez has the superior neck, at least in terms of materials and design to the Suhr. Knob placement might also be something to consider, though its also one of the easiest things to modify. On the other hand, ibanez az has a similar thickness, but because of the cross-section it seems to be much thicker and fuller, which suits me very well. Features: - Alder Body - Roasted Maple Fretboard - Jumbo Stainless Frets - Seymour Duncan Hyperion Pickups - Bone Nut - Gotoh T1802 Tremolo The cleans are great, but not as transparent or dynamic as the Ultras. So having both of these guitars to mess around with, I thought I'd A/B their sound/feel/quality. I love mine, and it's inexpensive enough that if you didn't love the pups you could drop 3-400 on replacements and still have less than 1500 in it. For me, medium-jumbo is about as small as I can comfortably play. S. I imagine the bridge used by Suhr that's closest to the bridge on the Ibanez AZ2402 is the 2-post solid-saddle 510: the Gotoh 510TS-FE1. On the Tom Quayle, I used 4 out of 10 positions. The more I play it, the more I like it so I am used to a real Strat and love it to bits. Didn't vibe with the stock pups in the Ibby's, my Suhr is amazing. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ShEIwznLGI. Suhr Ibanez AZ Fender Ultra vs StratocasterSuhr ClassicIbanez AZNFender MB 60s Suhr Modern vs Ibanez AZ - Detailed Comparison | The Gear Page Suhr ClassicIbanez AZNFender MB 60s__bilibili Create an account to follow your favorite communities and start taking part in conversations. The heel joint on the Ibanez looks very nice. , 10208 125 157 37 60 64, , bilibiliUPFender StratTeleIbanez AZ So thats a serious consideration. I can see the pickups working well for fusion sounds. RG5320 | RG | ELECTRIC GUITARS | PRODUCTS | Ibanez guitars NPOD - New Kirk Hammett Guitars / Black Metal. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register. I had an RG3120 many years ago, it was a fine guitar. The difference between my 600 MIM strat and a fancy 1500 American pro II with a similar build is more negligeable than it should (its certainly not even twice better, despite the price gap). tone forum. The tones you can get are nothing like one another. Unfortunately, theyve started only selling them new as hardtails. Interesting comparison, for a couple reasons. Comparing Suhr's Modern line vs the new Ibanez AZ models isn't a particularly fair comparison, in that you have to decide whether country of manufacture matters to you. Players get their 'cheap Suhr,' Ibanez gets their business, and folks that may not have been in the market for a Suhr in the first place might now want. Washington. Both are made incredibly well, but the one thing the Suhr has that none of the Ibanez is that I had a moment when I first got my Suhr when I realized I had just been playing for an hour without realizing. in the face of a decision, go for both?). Their roasted necks feel better to me too. ibanez saitosuhribanez Check me out on Twitter: https://twitter.com/TheGuitarPitAnd Instagram is here: https://www.instagram.com/theguitarpit/ Vsrls: Catalinbread Effekt pedl - rak sszehasonltsa "KeiproFender!"- Keipro 2020 KS150/ Fender Player Strat Ibanez AZ2402 Review | WIRED GUITARIST And I didn't gel with the stock pickups in my Modern, so it has DiMarzios now. So, minor differences. While the spec, for example, on the Super Wizard HP - "the neck for shredders," states Ibanez - offers a 17mm depth at the first fret, 19mm by the 12th with a nut with of 43mm and a 'board radius of 430mm (16.9"), the AZ's neck is much more conventional measuring between 41.84mm to 42.38mm at the nut, 20.5 to 21mm at the 1st fret and . The AZs 305mm comes out to about 12", flatter than the standard modern Strat 10", but rounder than the Fenders multi-radius 10-14". FWIW my second most played guitar (after a Suhr modern) is my Ibanez JS, not my other Suhr. Cool and vintage, but the Ibanez AZ looks a bit more boutique? fretboard radius. I know a lot of you have been wanting me to take a look at a Suhr, so here you go. Its really the lax labour laws and wages in the countries used that allow the lower retail price. In some way, these are all Fender-style guitars. There are no Ibanez non locking systems that you could expect stability like a double locker. On paper, elliptical is too thin for me if it was a c shape. If theres any way you can play one, youll probably come close to doubling the cost, but if nothing else itll help you put the AZ into context. Wondering if anyone has any experience with them. I really wanted to get one of the AZ series - I played both the AZ-242F and AZ-2204F and really liked both except for the neck, which is IMO way too thick (most of my guitars are Wizard necks. I wasn't a big fan of it in my Modern Satin. Im not 100% on the Suhr, I know theyre Suhr branded pickups and the bridge pickup is the super hot one rated at something like 17k. Posted by 4 years ago [DISCUSSION] Ibanez AZ prestige or Suhr modern satin . With that said, I think Suhr has caused a couple companies, like Ibanez and Fender, to up their game. d: Thickness of the neck at the twelfth fret. 400 Ft 490 Ft Ibanez GSD50-P6 gitrheveder Minden Ibanez Design gitrszj egyedi motvummal rendelkezik, amelyet specilis technikval nyomtatnak a szjra. As an Ibanez Prestige owner and a Suhr Modern owner I love both but lean Suhr, b/c the neck shape of the Suhr is a little more filled out and is perfect for my average size for 6' guy hand. July 2021. It will have a thicker-than-typical neck for an Ibanez, but probably still thinner than average and I wouldnt be surprised if its a hair thinner than that Fender. Tuners are only an issue if the stock ones are really bad, and if they have to be replaced youre talking another $100 for Sperzel or equivalent. All right reserved. "Another 400" is a lot of money though. That Fender, meanwhile, is just an upgraded, modified Strat. However, a little time with my trusted luthier/repairman, and $160 later the guitar will have the silkiest playability I can imagine. The Gear Page is the leading online community and marketplace for guitars, amps, pedals, effects and associated gear. I used a Fender Mustang reissue on that, dumbass! Seriously GASsing for an AZ Prestige but can't decide between the HSS or HH model. I'm in the market for a new six string electric guitar, for use in standard tuning. I think a big factor is simply whether you like the jack placement on the Fender. Ibanez Ibanez AZ2204 ICM Prestige Electric Guitar in Hard Case | Australias #1 Music Store | Musos Corner,ibanez AZ2204 ICM,IBANEZ AZ2204ICM AZ2204,Vai.com - The Official Steve Vai Website,Ibanez AZ2204 |--,Ibanez AZ2204 xzmusic ,AZ2204 | AZ | | | Ibanez ,Ibanez AZ2204 . I keep thinking about swapping out the bridge humbucker for something a little more conventional. Arguably, not as much as I expected. Some of the add-ons on this site are powered by. May 9, 2014. To me, it played like a dream! I own Fender Player Strat (MIM) that I bought almost 2 years ago. To each his own I suppose. This is so true and reinforced after actually trying them. Online boltok, akcik egy helyen az rukeres rsszehasonlt oldalon. Ibanez AZ vs Schecter Nick Johnston?? - theFretBoard Balancing a neck and middle singlecoil with comparable, much less identical, output should be pretty easy. Let's hear the 22 fret against the . select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. a: Width of the neck at the nut. In Bangladesh, guitar players in smaller villages know about Suhr guitars. I'm not at all surprised to hear the MIJ Prestige compares favorably to the Suhr. Hey folks, I just wanted to give a comparison rundown between these two guitars. Potential re-sale value: Probably Fender still commands a following and will be easier to sell in the second-hand market. 430mmR. Welcome to r/guitar, a community devoted to the exchange of guitar related information. Ibanez AZ!! #3 Suhr can never churn out enough guitars for the amount of orders they get, they'll be fine. Some Gios are also becoming a bit fancier these days, with sparkle finishes, gold, and figured veneers. Being used to a C-type neck, I wasnt too bothered about the Ultra, which felt more modern (modern D they call it), and the chamfered access made it easier to play than my Player with the block in the way. Switches, potentiometers and capacitors are usually fine on all but the cheapest of cheap guitars, but high-quality replacements can be bought cheap from places like mouser.com. 2023: The Year Epiphone Became Unaffordable, Don't store picks in zip bags for too long. Battle of the HSS Super Strats! Ibanez AZ vs Fender Ultra Both the prestige and premium lines of that series do. And for guitars with locking tremolos, differences in bridge quality have more practical importance than for non-locking ones, and there are considerations about whether the guitar is a candidate for a drop-in bridge replacement. That actually seems to happen more with the Suhr than any other guitar I have owned. if you were in my position, what would you get? . Thanks for visiting. Most Successful Signature Guitar Of All Time. In fact, Ibanez even managed to pull in two endorsees that were once with Suhr, Tom Quayle and Martin Miller, both of which now have signature AZ models. I have a suhr 60s std in classic s. Thickness 0.81 0.93. Ibanez Martin Miller Signature MM1 - Transparent Aqua Blue Feeling kinda bad for Suhr | SevenString.org 6 reviews Write your review Item ID: AZ2204NPBM. Ibanez's full-fat AZ series is one of Ibanez's most popular new models, thanks to its slick looks, versatility and fantastic playability. It means the endorsement is genuinely about the gear and not a pay check. A friend of mine has warned me it is C-type and very chunky -yada,yada- not for fast-playing (the myth again). Both have dual radii. Rosewood and, I believe, ebony require periodic oiling, but maple doesnt really need anything - maybe the occasional wipe down with mineral spirits to clean an unfinished board, but thats about it. The middle and bridge SS on the SSS model are different to the HSS pickups, so its not even the same sound. I used to have an RG in pearl white. Taking adaptability to new extremes, the AZ series has established itself and carved out a place that spans everything from the warmest blues licks, to the most intense, shred-heavy metal riffs. But overall, I felt both were excellent, with a slight but minimal edge for the AZ. Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk. Plugged into our clean Suhr Badger, we select the neck position to find that it packs a pleasing punch. Mar 27, 2019. But that does not mean there is no difference. [Question] ibanez az vs fender : r/Guitar - reddit.com Speaking of electronics, the Suhr volume pot is somehow defective, crackling like crazy while adjusting it. Ibanez AZRGTalmanQIbanez25 | Rimo Blog Suhr "Even C Slim" Neck Profile | SevenString.org My first REAL guitar I bought in high school, an Ibanez AS-200 and I've been hooked since. Some boutiques just want to be boutiques. Ignoring looks and price, which would you rather own? That's a very fine band and you are a very fine guitar player! I had an RG3120 many years ago, it was a fine guitar. I love the inlays, some others don't. Very, very good bridge on this guitar. Get all the details on one of their Prestige flagship models the AZ2402. If youre an experienced player who can inspect a guitar before you buy it, its not hard to find a Squier Bullet that can be made into a beast with a nut replacement, a setup, and a small amount of fretwork. Suhr Modern vs Ibanez AZ - Detailed Comparison - The Gear Page Even if it doesnt say so. I'm not crazy with the whammy though. At $2,000 new, they enter the same market as the Suhr Modern style, but as more of a production guitar at around $1k cheaper. I believe after looking into it that its an SSH+. Main issue with buying a guitar made in China, Indonesia, or South Korea is if you have moral concerns about the working conditions in the factories. The Ibanez has more tonal options thanks to a toggle to split humbucker and add certain combinations. The AZ series uses Duncans. do you feel bad for fender because suhr exists? Dirtier and higher gain tones felt more compressed. medium jumbo nickel-steel vs stainless jumbo frets. Olcs Catalinbread Effekt pedl termkek, Catalinbread Effekt pedl mrkk. Going to test them next weekend but looking forward to hearing your thoughts I have you have tried them before or have had the same dilemma. Second and most importantly, the Suhr isnt your guitar. EDIT 2: well it kinda looks like a strat and a jaguar had a child so if you like how that looks it's only about 200 pounds more expensive. I cant make out whether youre being sarcastic here. Special Financing - Ends Jan 1, 2024. Not bad at all for more modern lead guitar solos. before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. You must log in or register to reply here. 9. And, find out if it compares it to it's new-on-the-scene competition, the Ibanez AZ Prestige. Were the two singlecoils the same height, or was the middle buried a bit? Hi guys, looking for some guitar buying advice. I'd agree, the pickups are certainly different. Carrying this ethos forward, the AZ line embodies time-tested Ibanez innovation and player-focused features like a smooth, oval neck grip, a well-balanced asymmetrical body shape, and the neck heel allowing for unrivaled playability. So, I finally tried both today (huge caveat below). Being a musician I, like the vast majority of those in the arts, am never rolling in dough. c Thickness of the neck at the first fret. Aktv 6 hros basszusgitr hangszed szett, az egyszerre tiszta, meleg s ts hangzs rdekben. You make a valid point. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. Was the ibanez more compressed acoustically, when you strummed the two unplugged, or was it as resonant unplugged but the pickups were making it more compressed? Kudos to Fender. settled on Ibanez AZ2402 but now many people are saying if I'm willing to pay that much I might as well go for the Suhr modern satin which is like 400 pounds more. ok i got it Rich thanks, i had read that the Guthrie Govan Charvel had the same issue with the same non locking/bone nut system. Your experiences/input on Suhr & Anderson guitars Finally, eh? The Gear Page is the leading online community and marketplace for guitars, amps, pedals, effects and associated gear. GS Fanatic, a fggetlen hangszerportl | elad hasznlt hangszer s j Does the toast taste any different? For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. Kinda dig the 5120 - maple board and flip flop paint instant cyberpunk. Players of other genres may not be as interested in the Ibanezs ability to make fusion legato playing so smooth. I mean the pickups, the neck and that bridge are all top notch. The AZ neck was a joy to play. are also a step up in craftsmanship, features and design for Fender. Great, youre good to go. Fender Epiphone Les Paul Gibson Ibanez Dob Zongora Heged I think heel joint concerns sometimes get blown out of proportion, but if its something that matters to you, youll probably like the Ibanez better. GS Fanatic, a fggetlen hangszerportl | elad hasznlt hangszer s j the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up. Most everything built these days is cnc machined, with polyester finishes. Id pay attention to this while comparing the two. The neck size can also vary depending on model, not all fender necks are thick likewise not all ibanez necks are thin (only the Wizards and similar necks are thin) While ive not played one . Are some toasters nicer than others. I'm not sure. Now, I am not so sure. As such, there is a gradient and a sliding scale of value for money and I think after you hit the 600 mark improvements become marginal for the price difference. It gets long. Final thought. Having checked out the AZ line, and getting a Kiesel Delos I'd go with the Kiesel 100% of the time. A pity but not a massive drawback. Fretwork isn't always great on a Prestige either but generally better than Premium, yes. I would add to this that really the biggest issue you may come across with this these days is really the finishing fret work on the neck. With that in mind, every Suhr Ive seen has been perfectly constructed, and thats a wonderful thing. Prestige combines high-tech manufacturing techniques with old-world Japanese craftsmanship, in order to achieve true innovation in design and construction. Suhr all day long. The noiseless pickups sort of make up for this. All times are GMT-7. To acknowledge this. Also my cutoff would be different depending on the category of guitar. check out the FAQ by clicking the Of course there is nowhere nearby to try any of these so Im considering ordering 2 and returning my least fav. [DISCUSSION] Ibanez AZ prestige or Suhr modern satin. would suggest you wait and get your hands on them to compare though. They've already built their rep as one of the top boutique manufacturers and won't need to try hard to get a new wave of artist sponsorships.
How To Clean A Wavy Turban Shell, Correction Livre Enseignement Scientifique Terminale, What Kind Of Cancer Did Popcorn Sutton Have, Massachusetts Agi Worksheet Form 1, Is Christina Gallagher Approved By The Catholic Church, Articles I