We also liked the master light switch in the room that made it very easy to turn off every light in the suite with one switch. I will note as a previous reviewer did that Great Wolf Lodge had SPECTACULAR lifeguards. Great Wolf Resorts - Wikipedia Great Wolf is more for kids, but I feel like Great Wolf service is better than Kalahari. Poconos Waterpark Comparison Guide: Kalahari versus Aquatopia & Great Staff always pleasant and friendly!FOOD - There is food available in the waterpark in addition to a steakhouse and Italian restaurant. Also, Outdoor pool and some small outdoor water slides (all seasonal). The Ultimate Guide to Great Wolf Lodge Locations in the US We stayed from Tuesday through Thursday during July. Advice: you can't come to a place like this and complain about how much things cost. We feature kid-friendly activities, a range of dining options, interactive games, an adult-friendly wine down service, and more all under one roof. Each play area includes slides and swings. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews. It is in the middle in terms of the size of its indoor water park and in number of rooms at the resort. The total cost for the night would have been $415.10. (Basically a jumpy seat for adults.) There would have been another $25 for parking but we were able to avoid this since we had relatives staying just a few miles away. Annapolis Area Doulas | Kalahari Resorts vs. Great Wolf Lodge As part of the U.S.' largest group of family-friendly water parks, this indoor water park has perfected how to maximize family fun for all ages. We liked the water park @ Great Wolf Lodge! 2 of themone outside by the immense outdoor pool and one heated one inside. The water park @ Kalahari is HUGE. I found the photos pleasing to look at and relaxing! This was terrific we will likely do all three spaced out over a few years, but this absolutely helped us figure out what order to go in. We stayed in the Desert room which was sufficient in size for 2 adults and 2 small kids. Can I ask how the service levels compared at the two as well as the food? All three resorts are located very close to each other in the Poconos. Burger and fries for $12, other sandwiches $12-$15.not excessive. Which do you prefer? Take care! Thats an AMAZING 425,000 square feet of indoor water parks in a very small geographical area!! That said, I wouldnt pay triple the price for Kalahari. Kalahari has the largest indoorwater park of the 3, and is the largestresortlocated in the Poconos. The side-lite mirror was a nice feature that we enjoyed. We visited Kalahari in the Pocono Mountains for a last minute trip with our two girls, ages 8 and 9. I can't honestly say that anything bit me in the room, we may have been bitten while we were sleeping, or in all the time we were forced to spend on the patio because of the smell.The resort was fine, but I'd avoid this "upgraded suite". Top Educational & Inspirational YouTube Channels for Families 2022, Waterpark Comparison Chart: Kalahari, Aquatopia & Great Wolf Lodge. The entire Kalahari Resort is enormous. Comparison between Kalahari and Great Wolf Lodge water park It seems that there are parts of the water park that are only staffed at peak attendance. We usually ordered and brought the food to our room. However, please be aware that Camelback / Aquatopia charges for general parking I think it is $12 if you are just coming to engage in one of the activities. Review tags are currently only available for English language reviews. CamelBack (Aquatopia) has 453 rooms and there are 6 floors (above ground) to the lodge. The main dry activity, however, is the MagiQuest interactive wand game. Shooting Range (tourist favorite) is closer to Great Wolf. Advice: you can't come to a place like this and complain about how much things cost. We review each of the Poconos water parks on several criteria including: If you want to cut right to the chase you can jump to the conclusion by clicking here: Conclusion, Great Wolf Lodge does a good job of branding and theming (theme ing) the lodge. Chip Williamson All Rights Reserved. Camelbacks Aquatopia resort opened their indoor water park in May of 2015. Great Wolf Lodge Poconos is a staple in the region. Kalahari I feel would be better for the adults to have fun as well. Its Manageable Size Is Perfect for Younger Kids The Kartrite Resort & Indoor Waterpark It's true: Kalahari is the biggest indoor water park in the country and Camelback has almost 50,000 square feet on Kartrite. "The advent of Great Wolf Lodge represents one of the most monumental accomplishments in the City's history," Webster city officials said. Kalahari vs Great Wolf Lodge: Discover the Differences So I guess you just dont need it that much. It features the Howlin' Tornado raft ride, Coyote Cannon water tubes (with a 40-foot drop), and a tree house fort that has a 1,000-gallon tipping bucket! Hi, Pamela! Virtual reality, tons of games, golf, bowling - this place though of everything. We do love both! It sounds like you were able to experience nearly every feature our resort has to offer! This is an exciting place for kids to be with lots of fun things to do from arcade games galore to a huge indoor water park. Kalahari vs. Great Wolf Lodge -- Sandusky - DISboards.com Part-time blogger, full-time nerd & aspiring Renaissance man! CHECK IN/ROOM - We checked in with Kassi atWe visited Kalahari in the Pocono Mountains for a last minute trip with our two girls, ages 8 and 9. (GWL = Great Wolf Lodge & K = Kalahari). Right away we were looking for and expecting a wonderful customer service experience, and Kalahari did not disappoint. 111 Things to Do in the Adirondacks & Upstate New York! The room was spotless. Kalahari is amaizing! I actually made the kids wear earplugs (as did I) to go to this! Kalahari vs. Great Wolf : r/Poconos - reddit Great Wolf Lodge in Grapevine has one adults-only hot tub. That is with just 2 adults and 4 kids. However, Great Wolf Lodge has a higher percentage of themed rooms available at a more reasonable price. CEO approval 75 % approve of John Murphy (Murph)'s performance 74 % approve of Todd Nelson's performance Salary satisfaction 49 % think they are paid fairly at Great Wolf Lodge 40 % The room @ Aquatopia that we had was a double queen suite, a pull-out sofa and a balcony. Otherwise, it far exceeded our expectations and we will definitely be choosing Kalahari over Great Wolf for many years to come. Several hot tubs, twice the amount of slides as Great Wolf Lodge, and something for all ages. For our 6 and 8 year olds who have never been to an indoor waterpark, were doing GWL first and will get to the others later. If you can't afford it, don't bother making the trip. The Poconos location has 401 rooms and each wing of the lodge has 4 floors. The water facilities were great and there was a nice assortment of water slides. Thank you for pointing out my mistake! We had no real negatives about Great Wolf but in all honesty, Kalahari Resort surpasses them on almost all levels, but to no fault of Great Wolf. Great Wolf Lodge in Grapevine is a great way to go for a weekend getaway. Lately we have been hitting the snack bar (Pizza Pub) down in the arcade for the burritos and then the store (Marrakesh Market) right at the edge of the lobby for some of the soups. Our Locations - Great Wolf Resorts Answer 1 of 6: We want to take my son ( just turned 4) to either Kalahari or Great wolf lodge. As I mentioned earlier with 4 kids ranging in age from 2 10 we are not very often dining in @ a restaurant. On our previous visit a couple of years ago we felt the place was showing some wear and tear. One of Melani and my pet peeves with regards to hotel accommodations is when there is only one night stand for a queen bed. EXPECT IT and you will have a great time. For part of our stay both lazy river attractions were open and there were other times when only one was open. Both are reasonable attempts at having a meal on the healthier side. The kids had a blast, and I think with some minor changes, this place will exceed 5 stars. The Poconos and Williamsburg Virginia location both have a small indoor wave pool. All three resorts are really good choices for water park fun with a family. Both resorts also have onsite dining that continues the decor. The mountainous / hilly location complimented the overall lodge theme and it was nice to sit out there with the kids as the weather cooled in the evening. If I was ever to get a weekend alone with my wife we would go to Kalahari since there are more amenities and it is not so kid-centric. Another Wisconsin Dells question - Great Wolf vs. Kalahari vs Thank you! See our Advertiser Disclosure and Editorial Notehere. We appreciate it! Best Water Parks in the Northeast For Families (By Age!) Kalahari Resorts water park has more of everything and also includes a Flowrider, which is popular with older kids and teens. At Kalahari, there are two separate, toddler play areas. We have been to the Williamsburg Virginia location where there was one but there is not one @ the Poconos location. Camelback charged my card the correct amount when I made the deposit on November 24th and then on November 27th (2 days after we had left the resort) I was charged $25 for a parking fee. Learn how your comment data is processed. Sincerely, Im not sure if it something that they created or if it has its origins someplace else. Tom Foolerys also has a mirror maze, escape rooms, indoor ropes course, laser tag, rock climbing wall, XD dark ride and bowling. It is also something that Kalahari does well . The Great Wolf Lodge resort in the Poconos was constructed in 2005 and is one of roughly 19 locations for the chain. Kalahari Resort, positioned in Spherical Rock, Texas, is analogous in some ways to Nice Wolf Lodge. We say this because Aquatopia has the most activities (rock wall, laser tag, escape room, etc) at its resort that will likely appeal to pre-teens and early teens. Reservations are strongly recommended. Winner: Kalahari Resort (especially for older kids and teens). Nancy lives near Dallas, Texas, with her husband and three kids. DreamWorks Water Park - East Rutherford, New Jersey. The development is expected to break ground during the first quarter of 2022 and construction of the facility will begin no later than April 2025, according to KPRC. Please see our partners for more details. Snow Tubing in the Poconos | PA Resorts, Info & Conditions Both resorts in the Poconos have a water coaster. kalahari waterpark passesmr patel neurosurgeon cardiff 27 februari, 2023 . The sound system is rather poor and the performance is rather loud. But we generally dont patronize too many sit down restaurants with 4 kids with ages ranging from 2-10. For exact amenities lists, its best to view the Great Wolf Lodge or Kalahari website of the locations you are comparing. There were 2 bathrooms one off the walk-in area and the second one in the master suite. Our suite was located on the same level as the entrance to the water park which was below the main level. more. Some of the profit from any sale may merely make it intoourpocket instead of Jeff Bezos'! But having a wide variety of restaurants and foods was great! (Activities vary by location). Great Wolf Lodge. For the price I would expect better service. Most times I find that the pictures or decorations in a motel/hotel really dont add anything to the experience. Water park access was included. Family Fun at its best. This is another thing that I think Kalahari does well and it makes it a little easier to satisfy everyone and their differing tastes with so many food choices. To the right of the entrance is check-in / hotel services. When I called, the charge was removed & the service rep was polite enough but, apparently Aquatopia/Camelback fully expects there to be a parking fee added to every invoice! I love Great Wolf Lodge, but the water park is a little more for younger kids, while Kalahari is more for the older kids. The wave pool was on par with that at Great Wolf Lodge. Once again, the food was mediocre at best. This post will focus on the Leola New York City and upstate New York are close to many amazing indoor water parks. Great Wolf Lodge has a woodland creature and forest theme, while Kalahari has an African theme. Kalahari vs. Great Wolf - WE HAVE A WINNER!! - Tripadvisor They did a fabulous job with the design of this place. There is a very small / non-standard sized bowling alley, a miniature golf course, an arcade, MagiQuest, etc We have done some of the other activities in the past but only if they were included with our stay or one of the bundled package passes (Paw Pass, Pup Pass and Wolf Pass). Is the higher food price of Kalahari worth it? Yes, there were some healthy options just not a very good variety. Part of the joy of Great Wolf Lodge is its size. Were going in January. Kids are going to want to explore all areas of this place and we find it frustrating reading reviews about those complaining about how expensive everything is. The closet was pretty small, and the bathroom was almost as small (with the sink located next to the fridge); however, those were relatively minor inconveniences.We went to Great Karoo Buffet around 5-5:30 and was relieved to see that it wasn't that crowded. Very spacious, a flat screen TV in each room and in main living area with fireplace. Both resorts have themed rooms that accommodate a wide-range of family sizes from two queen rooms to much, much bigger. It felt like you were rubbing shoulders with other people all the time. We stored our bags with the assistance of bell staff and we went downstairs to check out the facilities.We had to go through a large (and very noisy) arcade to get to the turnstiles to the waterpark. I am on the mailing list and recently got a promotional offer that indicated the rooms had recently been renovated. Our balcony overlooked a very lightly used service road and then there was an unobstructed view of the forested mountain side. TripAdvisor review of Great Wolf Lodge Poconos, TripAdvisor review of Kalahari Resort Poconos, Booking.com review of Great Wolf Lodge Poconos, MommyNearest Great Wolf Lodge vs Kalahari vs Camelback. Towel check-out is something new since our last visit. There is also a fountain near the middle of the lobby with chairs and tables to sit and eat. Taxes and fees that are shown are estimates only. Kalahari has one indoor and one outdoor area - both are huge (Kalahari's is one of the largest indoors in the US). Kalahari was the cheapest on Friday evening - but the most expensive during the week & the second most expensive on Saturday evening. Seriously, I'm not being dramatic. Speaking of loud There is usually a dance party in the evening which we found to be extremely loud! This was our 3rd visit to Kalahari, the 2 previous times we stayed was before March 2017 when the resort was only half way completed. My son went to the prime rib carving station several times but the chef continued to serve him meat with chunks of fat on it - so he gave up. We were told that the elevator was on the convention center side, which was not really convenient for her. The hostesses and the servers were professional and pleasant. https://www.theparenthoodadventures.com/waterpark-comparison-chart-kalahari-aquatopia-great-wolf-lodge/ The place is ENORMOUS and although it's extremely busy and pretty crowded most of the time, there is plenty of seating in the waterpark. An unpleasant smell hit us as soon as we opened the door, although I couldn't quite place it, at least not until we stepped further into the suite. Great Wolf Lodge has 18 locations, all of which offer indoor water parks with multi-story forts, 1,000-gallon soaker buckets, wave pools, lazy rivers, waterslides of varying heights and speeds, raft rides, whirlpools, kiddie pools and more. Have you been to both Great Wolf Lodge and Kalahari Resort? Great Wolf Lodge also has a small bowling ally, gem mining, outdoor ropes course, arcade, and glow golf. A general view of the Great Wolf Lodge in Fort Mackenzie. I'm going to breakdown each part of the resort that we visited and give you the key points: We are happy to report that there were two night stands with our queen bed! Snow tubing in PA requires no special skills or equipment and is appropriate for almost everyone. Park access for all family members is included in . They were methodical and intense, and I just didn't get that feeling with many of the lifeguard staff here. We went to all three water parks in the Poconos (Great Wolf Lodge, Kalahari & Aquatopia) to find out which one is the BEST water park. Better selection of local foods near Great Wolf. It is also carried through with the water park experience itself with some of the attractions incorporating the characters and /or lodge theme. My wife went there one morning to order some breakfast and it took nearly an hour to get our food after ordering it (she was also in line for nearly an hour before even getting to place her order). [2] In addition to a water park, each resort features restaurants, arcades, spas, and children's activities. Although I am admittedly not a big fan of buffets, we figured it would be easy for everyone to find something they liked. We were also advised that we would receive a text message when our room was ready. When you leave make sure to return the towels and swipe the wrist band again or you will be charged for the towels. After learning about the aspects of both of these resort, which one will your family choose? Offers more free activities in the main lobby. I hope you and your family have a wonderful stay! Since our last visit to Great Wolf Lodge they have established a relationship with Dunkin Donuts and there is one located on the main floor just off the right of the lobby. If there are any older children in your party, around 10 years and older, then they may not appreciate the kiddie theming that runs through Great Wolf Lodge. Hello, Erika! My husband was brave enough to continue exploring as I sat out on the ground level patio. The Undomestic Goddess: Great Wolf Lodge vs. Gaylord Texan - Blogger Imagine what it takes to run this place?!? Our obstinate 2-year-old was NOT able to enjoy ANY of these activities / attractions, or even the wave pool due to the fact that she refused to wear a life jacket which Kalahari required children under 4 feet in height to wear at all times when in any water. I love the theming of GWL and my kids are obsessed with Magi Quest, but the adults only things at Kalahari cant be beat! This 80,000-square-foot facility is perfect for families, although the water park portion is only open to hotel guests. To the credit of one observant & kind employee he noticed the exceedingly poor service my wife had received and apologized to her later in the day when he saw her. You can use the water park at 1pm on the day of check in until close on the day you leave. We changed in the bathroom/changing areas, located a storage locker (for a fee), and found a table. We also liked some of the efficiency features of the room. This happened before on our previous visits but given the number of people this time, they kept closing the areas for cleaning constantly. Still it was a frustrating experience that cast a pallor over our time and experience there. Kalahari Resort, located in Round Rock, Texas, is similar in many ways to Great Wolf Lodge. Great Wolf Lodge Grapevine, Grapevine - Updated 2023 Prices - Booking.com bellyrubbah1 2 yr. ago Cool. We did not have a car on the premises so driving was not an option, and walking was not very appealing since we tend to patronize the indoor water parks during the colder months and it was late November when we were at Aquatopia. It doesnt extend to the guest rooms and amenities. It was nicely decorated and efficiently arranged. The place is ENORMOUS and although it's extremely busy and pretty crowded most of the time, there is plenty of seating in the waterpark. We liked the luggage rack near the door and the shelf over the microwave. Blessed father of 4 wonderful children & trophy husband to 1 lovely wife. Recently, my family visited Kalahari Resort for the first time. One of Kalahari's Kiddie Areas Kalahari Resort Market Cost The overnight costs for both of these resorts can vary widely throughout the year. Both resorts have huge water parks and other indoor activities. Apart from those issues, I appreciate the detailed comparison. Come splash around! Great review, were leaning towards Kalahari but wanted to know about outdoor activities in the winter, could our kids go snow tubing or something related at any of these three resorts? I felt the prices were reasonable for this type of American Pub food. As a native New Yorker, a bit of grit and grime doesn't scare me. The Biggest Indoor Waterparks in the World - TripSavvy This was one of the few exceptions! Both resorts have huge water parks that include a wave pool, lazy river, splash areas and of course water slides.
Roberts Broadcasting Jackson Ms, Fox30 Action News Jax Reporters, How Many African Lions Are In The United States, Articles K