Q So the Government plays these recordings for you; right? since her testimony, Salzman has become a . C-SPAN's operating revenues come from license fees paid by cable systems and satellite companies that offer the network to their. According to Salzmans testimony, he and Dani reached an agreement that she would be confined in a room in a home she shared with her parents, with no communication with the outside world; if she did not agree to these terms, Salzman testified, she would have to go back to Mexico. At the end before the jury leaves when the Judge says you are done, Agnifilo says, I know I am done. Therefore the defense had concluded by his own words that the questioning was over. I haven't purchased any additional transcripts from PACER. We were taking naked pictures up-close vagina pictures three times a week. See full search documentation. In March 2018, Lauren Salzman, a high-ranking member in the self-empowerment organization NXIVM and a so-called master in the alleged sex cult DOS, was making a smoothie in the kitchen of a house outside Puerto Vallarta, Mexico, when her friend Loreta Garza, another NXIVM member, burst into the room. Everything we had done, everything I was teaching NXIVMwas all centered around the fact that we can live this principled life, she said. 'I'm Trying to Break Her': Former NXIVM 'Sex Cult' Member Details Misogynistic Methods of Control. The 500 Greatest Songs of All Time I mean, one of my concerns though is that Keith was not being honest with me about what was going on, and he was mischaracterizing things and making promises to me that were influencing my life decisions when I could have gone in other ways and was expressing that I wanted to. Nancy Salzman Salzman, the co-founder of NXIVM with Raniere, was the first of high-ranking officials to plead guilty. Lauren Salzman was once a high-ranking leader of the purported self-help group Nxivm and a loyal member of founder Keith Raniere's inner circle. It doesnt matter what any of the witnesses were thinking at the time, as the circumstances included a lot of lying, manipulation, etc. Q One of the ways you know that Keith was lying to you is because you listened to these recordings; right? Id. The 100 Best Albums of 2022. Q You said on direct examination that you committed extortion; right? I am the one who is disappointed. I hope he is abjectly miserable right now. And we saw that coming, I dont think [Kristin leaving] was suddenly. She did so in March 2019, admitting to one count of racketeering. His work has been cited in hundreds of news outlets, like The New York Times, The Daily Mail, VICE News, CBS News, Fox News, New York Post, New York Daily News, Oxygen, Rolling Stone, People Magazine, The Sun, The Times of London, CBS Inside Edition, among many others in all five continents. Lauren also admitted to threatening the woman with deportation if she continued to disobey Keith's orders. Im asking about what you know, what you know based on what you saw and what you saw other people doing with your own senses, eyewitness-type stuff; you didnt see any of that? NXIVM Cult Leader Lauren Salzman Avoids Prison Sentence - Variety Contact Frank with tips or for help. She has been on the stand for hours. lauren salzman testimony transcript. Then the Swifties Came After Her, NBA 'Investigating' Ja Morant After Allegedly Flashing Gun on Social Media, Alex Murdaugh Juror Says Cellphone Video, 'Big Liar' Testimony Led to Guilty Verdict, She Used the Bathroom And Became a Target of the Culture War, Here's How LaRussell and Intuit are Helping Independent Artists Understand How to Achieve Their Financial Ambitions, Alex Murdaugh Sentenced to Life in Prison for Murder of Wife and Son, See the Beths Deliver Refreshing 'Expert in a Dying Field' Mini-Set on 'CBS Mornings', Netflixs Sex/Life Is Back to Satisfy Your Softcore Desires. Master, please brand me, it would be an honor, an honor I want to wear for the rest of my life, she testified, according to the New York Times, detailing how Ranieres initials were branded onto her hip. Lauren testified that she was under the impression the woman would be kept in the room for a few days but her "stay" actually lasted 18 to 24 months. Q Did you think it was extortion when you took the stuff? Q So you heard conversations well, can I ask you a question, do you love Keith? AGNIFILO: I am not trying to argue with you. TV actress Allison Mack, who was a slave master in the sex-cult and lured women into the group, got three years in prison . She was here and one day she was gone? Edmonsons husband publicly confronted Salzman about DOS at a NXIVM event, prompting the rest of the organization to learn about the existence of DOS. Q And one thats one of the things that you went through; right? Padilla had also planned to purchase a cage, though she canceled the order shortly after the inner workings of DOS were made public in the spring of 2017. According to Salzmans testimony, he immediately instructed all of the DOS first-line slaves to deny that Raniere had any knowledge of DOS, and that the women had branded themselves of their own volition. You had plenty of if you had other things to say, you could have gone on and said them. Terrified, she called out Ranieres name, only for him to emerge from a walk-in closet next to the bedroom. She also told the judge that she kept the woman captive from March 2010 to April 2012 while [threatening] to deport Jane Doe 4 back to Mexico if she did not complete labor requested by myself and others.. So thanks Lauren. Yeah, where he says . Its better than any book. {"vloc":"auto","floating":true,"playlist":"https:\/\/content.jwplatform.com\/feeds\/c132tQIF.json","ph":2} To get a PACER account requires you to put up a credit card. I do a lot of transcription for work and this is how everyone's transcribed speech reads like. This is so great! Its clear she wasnt totally deprogrammed yet. Lauren Salzman, NXIVM 'Slave' Recruiter, Avoids Prison Time After Salzman testified that she was even branded during a 2017 ceremony. He should have taken a plea deal. Judge Nicholas Garaufis is on the bench. The defendant, Keith Raniere, is at the defense table with his other lawyers. Copyright 2023 Penske Business Media, LLC. I'm been addicted to reading every single thing related to NXIVM in the past two weeks. Lauren Salzman reported to Raniere regarding Daniela's "progress," but The one who was not applying them was the man who made them up Keith Raniere. Court Reporter/Transcriber TypeWrite Word Processing Service, Telephone number 518-581-8973. Alas, Salzman still awaits her sentence a year later . And whether shes telling the truth, whether the jury believes her, I think its absolutely necessary that there be a certain level of consideration for someones condition. Per federal transcripts, Mack told prosecutors . A Well, if I dont believe anything that any of my friends say, then I didnt experience any of that. You didnt know he was with them at those times? According to her testimony which has so far taken three days when police arrived at the home where Raniere was staying, he was taking a nap in an upstairs bedroom, so she ran up to try to help him escape. The links included here are the ones accessible to everyone. Such penance including paddlings with a leather strap, which Raniere would occasionally supervise remotely via conference call. A Well, yes. Lauren Salzman, Nxivm cult member who secretly pleaded guilty last week Salzman's guilty plea last Monday did not appear on any public calendar, and portions of the transcript are. At one point, she said, she wanted to have a relationship with another man, and approached Raniere to ask for permission. Salzman Testimony: Raniere Wanted Women To Be "Hungry Dogs" - Spectrum News We were running out of ideas as to what to do Salzman said, according to the New York Post. . Prominent NXIVM cult leader Lauren Salzman avoids jail time after Along with Raniere, Bronfman, Mack, and Salzman's daughter Lauren, the co-founder was arrested for an array of crimes in 2018. I Was in One Mode: Protect Keith: NXIVM Member Testifies About Naked Meetings, Group Sex, Dungeon Paddlings, People Are Getting Pregnant on TikToks Trendy On-Demand Birth Control, Netflixs Perfect Match Is Horny, Utterly Ridiculous Fun, She Built a Following as Taylor Swifts Doppelgnger. Thats not how it works. I thought she made it very clear she gave a very reasonable and lucid statement, I think its in Part 5 of the transcriptabout why she decided to plead guilty. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast. Lauren Salzman Now: Where Is Nancy's Daughter After 'The Vow'? The Government didnt teach me that. THE COURT: You said thats not what made it hard? Raniere wanted this testimony forever suppressed and sealed so that no one would ever know what he and Salzman had admitted or lied about under oath. get it? NEW YORK (AP) After weeks of relentlessly lurid testimony, federal prosecutors in Brooklyn on Friday wrapped up their sex trafficking case against Keith Raniere, . The emotional sentencing capped a lengthy legal case that saw Salzman, who now works as a dog groomer, turn on longtime ally Keith Raniere and help put the twisted cult leader behind bars. If you read through the transcript, news articles and asked anyone at the closing arguments, your Vanturd is guilty without Salzmans testimony. I figured this would be useful for others as well. A top "slave master" in the alleged sex cult Nxivm said in testimony on Friday she herself was sexually and psychologically enslaved by Keith Raniere, . Trial Transcripts : r/theNXIVMcase - reddit Q Keith had a child with Kristin Keefe; right? Q Right. I committed to stay with nothing. After providing collateral in the form of embarrassing documents and explicit naked photos, Salzman became what she referred to as a first-line slave of the group, or a member of DOSs innermost circle, reporting directly to Raniere, along with Junco, Mack, Clyne, and four other women. I wanted to put the available transcripts from Keith Raniere's trial all in one place, for my own organizational purposes. USA v. Raniere et al, 1:18-cr-00204, No. 966 (E.D.N.Y. Oct. 27, 2020) Discussing NXIVM, the New York Capital Region-based group that sold expensive seminars of dubious value. Youre back! Yet she tried to remain calm. Reading and re-reading the transcript without intonation of voice brings me to one conclusion, there will not be a retrial/mistrial conclusion based on the Judge. Mack, 38, of Smallville fame, was sentenced to three years in prison last month, after prosecutors asked for leniency due to her cooperation. oh pea..you are a nut case. Agnifilo referred audiotapes [and transcripts of the tapes] of meetings held for DOS in 2016 before Lauren joined DOS. The date is May 22, 2019. By rejecting non-essential cookies, Reddit may still use certain cookies to ensure the proper functionality of our platform. She described how the sick Svengali, with whom she had a 17-year relationship, was in the process of building a sex dungeon full of cages and BDSM equipment when he was arrested in 2018. Send us a tip using our anonymous form. Wow where to start with all these?! He called in and wanted to make sure we were flicking the wrist hard enough, Salzman said. Q Let me ask you the question. Q But you know that now because the Government gave you the recordings to listen to of the meetings that you werent in? Phone / Text: (305) 783-7083 I dont know that. A former high-ranking member of the alleged cult NXIVM testified against its alleged leader in court on Monday, accusing him of whipping, beating and playing other kinds of sex games with his top female members. The 200 Greatest Singers of All Time You made your points. Brooklyn federal judge Nicholas Garaufis gave Salzman credit for time shes served under house arrest, as well as five years probation, noting that she had turned her life around. HBO's The Vow, inevitably, features her story. She rose up and is actually practicing what she preached. Everyone rose. Salzman spent four days on the witness stand during Raniere's 2019 trial, testifying about the group's inner workings, Raniere's involvement, and her own failed attempts to leave the group. My testimony is scaffolded by the extraordinary research of Steve McMurray who assembled the jigsaw of faces, places, and relationships I recalled and relayed. A I felt insecure about it, but that wasnt what was troubling to me. It was the most painful thing I have ever experienced, she said. HOWEVER, it costs: you need to get a PACER account and pay the per page or document cost for each document you download (transcript or otherwise). NXIVM Member Testifies She Was Imprisoned In Room for Almost Two Years how old was jan stenerud when he retired. 'The Vow': What Happened to Keith Raniere, Allison Mack - Yahoo! Garaufis terminated the cross-examination of the most important witness and denied the defendant his right to cross-examine witnesses against him. I did not do that in my group [get Keith sex slaves]. Others were threatened with the release of their collateral - nude photos and other embarrassing material that female members turned over to their "masters" to ensure obedience and silence - if they didn't have unwanted sex with him. The judge said he would have CONSIDERED it, not allowed it. She talked to the police through the bedroom door, asking if they had a warrant. Watching Raniere skulk out of a walk-in closet as guns were pointed at her head, however, put all of his teachings, all of his promises, and all of their shared dreams together into perspective. At that time, sheadmitted keeping a slave locked in a room for more than two years. United States v. Raniere, 1:18-cr-00204 - CourtListener.com You could have asked your questions and moved on to the next question, but you kept coming back, and I am not going to have someone have a nervous breakdown on the witness stand in front of excuse me, this is not DOS. Q You have learned more about Keiths relationship with Cami, for instance? If I didnt think it was problematic, I wouldnt have raised it. A federal judge sentenced Lauren Salzman, a high-ranking leader of an upstate New York sex cult, to five years of probation on Wednesday, following her "extraordinary" assistance to prosecutors. I didnt want to sit at the defense table and tell a false story about what happened. Q Was it hard to listen to the conversations? Around that same time, one former DOS slave and a longtime friend of Salzmans, Sarah Edmondson, left the group after discovering that the DOS brand was not some badass empowerment symbol, but actually Ranieres initials. Nxivm member admits to enslaving woman in a locked room for 2 years Q Youve been through a lot for Keith; right? Ex-NXIVM Member Lauren Salzman Testifies Against Keith Raniere | Crime News Alright? God, do l ever loathe Keith. Pam talked me back into my relationship with Keith over the years, many times, and Pam facilitated my relationship with Keith initially. He was sentenced on October 27, 2020. Lauren Salzman, 42, testified that the same young woman, identified as Daniela, was confined to a bedroom for two years - all because she gained weight and asked to see a man other than Raniere. Q I think you said on direct examination that you thought Keith changed when Pam passed away? And then sometimes Hector would send his own e-mails ? Nxivm case: Here's what 6 weeks of testimony revealed about the alleged Who cares whether she had convinced herself at the time that it was not illegal or illegal but allowed or whatever. Email: [email protected], Lauren Salzman Gets OK From Judge to Sell House Near Former 'Harem Enclave' Knox Woods - Frank Report | Investigative Journalism From Frank Parlato, https://static.boredpanda.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/silicone-baby-avatar-babyclon-1.jpg, Aristegui News: Rainbow, the School Raniere Gave to Children of Carlos Salinas and to Rosa Laura Junco, Christine Marie: Insights on DOS and Help for DOS Victims. Raniere was furious, saying he questioned whether he wanted to have a child with someone who could be so disrespectful to him. And I didnt have a problem. Link your TV provider to stream full episodes and live TV. Nxivm trial hears of debauchery and cruelty within alleged 'sex cult' At one point, Raniere asked Danis mother, Adriana, to stay confined to a room adjacent to Danis, as a way to make it clear to Daniela that her actions were affecting other people close to her, Salzman testified. I agree. Marc Agnifilo is continuing his cross-examination of Lauren Salzman. Selected Courts I was trying to prove my self-worth, and salvage this string of a hope of what I thought my relationship might someday be, and I put it above everything else; I put it above my friends and I put it above other people, helping them in their best interest. And also I mean, I knew it because when I joined DOS there was something that had been created over a period of time that seemed pretty extensive. I thought it was extremely excruciating. His work to expose and take down NXIVM is featured in books like Captive by Catherine Oxenberg, Scarred by Sarah Edmonson, The Program by Toni Natalie, and NXIVM. THE COURT: We have been through this. I just want to say thank you for this post. Her mother Nancy Salzman, 66, pleaded guilty to racketeering conspiracy and is scheduled to be sentenced on Sept. 8. Nxivm co-founder Nancy Salzman says she doesn't deserve prison Its all there, its on the record. I think that Pams passing away relates to the start of DOS. A I didnt want I didnt want to sit I didnt want to defend the things that I did that were bad and that were criminal as good. The proof is in the pudding. NXIVM cult member Lauren Salzman was sentenced on Wednesday for her role as a top official in the upstate New York sex cult. She was dressed in a black pant suit. Q Do you know if a box of her belongings was taken to your mothers house? DOS members were also required to do penance for perceived misdeeds. . THE COURT: Look, I am not saying you are not a man you are not a lawyer who maintains his composure. Lauren Salzman was in a criminal group that ended up being broken up when the police pointed machine guns at the members of this criminal group. I suspect flipping Allison Mack was crucial to making the trial a waste of everyones time. It did not seem like the line of questioning was interrupted at all. You lost everything Lauren. ( Lauren Salzman is accused of "coaching" and controlling Daniela during her imprisonment.) Parlato appeared on the Nancy Grace Show, Beyond the Headlines with Gretchen Carlson, Dr. Oz, American Greed, Dateline NBC, and NBC Nightly News with Lester Holt, where Parlato conducted the first-ever interview with Keith Raniere after his arrest. An appeal on Lauren Salzman testimony not being finished will not overturn all those counts of guilty. The Most Disturbing Details From the NXIVM Docuseries document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); Thanks for contacting us. No relationship, no baby. The 45-year-old daughter of Nxivm co-founder Nancy Salzman had faced between seven and nine years in prison on racketeering conspiracy charges. And you betrayed us. Sex Toy Testimony at NXIVM Trial Raises Questions About Kink and Consent I set up an account on PACER and gave them my credit card info (yikes). Lauren Salzman's attorneys argued for no jail time given her cooperation and testimony during Keith Raniere's trial in 2019. Raniere is serving a term of life in prison after being convicted at trial of child sex trafficking and conspiracy. Formerly sealed deposition transcripts of NXVIM "sex cult" leaders now NXIVM trial: Jury selection to begin in Upstate NY sex cult case - syracuse That's led to speculation she may cooperate. I stayed with Keith despite all the other [sexual] relationships, and that was something that he could have been honest with me about, and mischaracterizing and making me feel sorry for him because his life is so hard because we lost our friends and I cant get my shit together is not what was going on. Plumber who once ran for NY state Senate charged in Capito Canadian teacher with size-Z prosthetic breasts placed on paid leave, What's next for Buster Murdaugh after dad's murder conviction, life sentence, Alex Murdaugh shaves head for latest mugshot after learning his fate for killing his wife, son, How a retired detective snared his seventh 'Torso Killer' confession, It's insane that NYers can use but not buy pepper spray for self-defense: Change this now, Heather Dubrows youngest child comes out as transgender, Tom Sandoval drops out of interview amid backlash from Raquel Leviss scandal, Rebel Wilson says Meghan Markle isnt as naturally warm as Prince Harry, March 4, 1984: Martina Navratilova defeats Chris Evert at MSG, Tom Sandoval breaks silence on Ariana Madix split amid cheating claims.
42095413ff68ff132cd9ece7a35 Ben Davies Tottenham Arrested, Articles L