Thanks for the link to the clips, I've ordered 3 sets, I like a bit of stock, Thought so! After Tri-ang then went bust, the boat appeared in the January 1974 Wrenn pricelist as a new item for June 1974, as the "R.A.F. RC BOAT RADIO Controlled Fuel Engine Wooden RAF Crash Tender KeilKraft Coming along nicely. You have put so much into her and so much detail. See original listing. Aerokits. 1 on test at Poole constructed by Colin Smith. RC Barca Motore Carburante Radiocomandato Legno RAF Crash Tender But he wasn't happy about building the original kit straight outright. Product condition: New. Boat Kits - Vintage Model Works . Ah, but the boats were French. Goes very fast! Utterly beautiful Robbob. You must show the boat in action now. Aerokits 46 RAF Crash Tender. Price: Itll be set by tomorrow . Plywood is used throughout except stringers which are obechi strip. This kit has been modernized to make construction easy, full building instructions are included This kit has been designed for the discerning modeler that has previously built boats or model aircraft. No. RC Boat Radio Controlled Fuel Engine Wooden RAF Crash Tender KeilKraft The boat looks really good on the water, and if ever I get to your neck of the woods I'd really like to see it close up as it's certainly an inspiring build. To repeat RNinMunich, is it hammerite? The Vosper RAF Crash Tender Kit 46 In 2003 . No. Victory Industries Vosper Crash Tender - Model Boat Mayhem thus passable to have r/c installation and steering servo quite separate . I am having the original Graupner X50 converted in to 3/16" dog drive and I can sleeve it to 4mm. Airfix 1/32 American M3 Lee Tank Classic Vintage 1976 Armour Series 8 08, 1/72 Revell Sikorsky Hh-3e Jolly Green Giant Us Airforce Very Rare, VINTAGE RARE AIRFIX 1/8th SCALE HONDA 750 FOUR BOXED, German Half-Track Sd.Kfz.7/2 W/ 37mm Gun UNIMAX Forces Of Valor 1:72 850, REVELL 1/144 Lufthansa Airbus A380 Lufthansa Plastic Model Kit 04270, Revell 1/32 Scale MESSERSCHMITT BF110G NIGHT FIGHTER #4745 VINTAGE 1992, Revell Model Kit - Audi A4 DTM 2011 M Rockenfeller Car - 1:24 Scale - 07, 1/72 Matchbox Boeing P-12e Pursuit Bi-plane Fighter Rare. 93 was delivered to the RAF Marine Craft Section based at Calshot on Southampton Water in approximately March 1952, it appears to have spent most of its life in storage probably because the Sunderland Flying Boats were being withdrawn from service during this period and its role therefore became redundant. A separate smaller Ford V8 engine was used to operate the two foam/water monitors and a smaller JAP engine for the bilge pumps. Excl VAT: 14.58, 25.50 The kit parts are cut using our laser cutting technology, that not only gives very accurate and precise cut parts, that fit together without any sanding but also details like planking on the decks and the cabin roof . But I also cannot wait to see her perform on water. Check out FAQs here. Fuel consumption at top speed was nearly 48 gallons per hour. . 5.07. . The Graupner 900 motor bolted to the supplied adjustable motor mount. Thank you. At the moment he's selling insurance for Direct Line., Anyone noticed the similarity between our Harvey Kitten and the actor Harvey Keitel ?hmmmm.I reckon it's an alias, Thx v much. One of the motors I am thinking of installing(3648-1450kv) is a little over 2HP @ 16000 on 3S Lipo or 21,460 on 4S. Model Trains. The OS60 was about 1.6HP @ 16,000rpm and generally the props where to big for the motor. The attention to detail was superb. 139 forum posts. Le migliori offerte per RC Barca Motore Carburante Radiocomandato Legno RAF Crash Tender KeilKraft Aerokit sono su eBay Confronta prezzi e caratteristiche di prodotti nuovi e usati Molti articoli con consegna gratis! timeline | Museum of RAF Firefighting I talked with the builder/ owner, Rob, who has extensively posted on here his build blog ( and very useful reading it has been!) Please click here, Sign up to Model Boats Special Offers Model Boat Motors, Propellers & Prop Shafts, Plastic Model Car Kits & Other Vehicle Kits, Skip to the beginning of the images gallery, Order before 2pm for Next Working Day Delivery, Aeronaut 1/20 Kalle 2 Harbour Tug Model Kit, Caldercraft 1/32 Scale Marie Felling Double Screw Harbour Tug Model Ship Kit, 1/8 Scale Fairey Huntress with Fittings Kit. The other thing that's slowing things down is my 5 year old grandson who wants a boat as well so I'm building a Freeman 22 alongside my crash tender. He then bought me a ED Hunter 3.46cc Diesel engine for my Christmas present that year. FOR SALE! In 2003 after many modellers had expressed an interest in this popular design, the Vosper RAF Crash Tender or 46 Firefloat Mk. . The kit parts are cut using our laser cutting technology, that not only gives very accurate and precise cut parts, that fit together without any sanding but also details like planking on the decks and the cabin roof . I think it goes without saying that contributions should be illustrated by appropriate photos. RC Sailing :- RAF Crash Tender - YouTube Brilliant looking Model Rob - good to meet you the other day. Select PayPal Credit to have the option to pay over time. It is thus passable to have r/c installation and steering servo quite separate from the central cabin engine room. $23.89 + $27.72 shipping . Forward and central cabin tops lift off for access, as the rear cockpit floor. Tenders. So as the first one went together and it seemed to go well then the Aerokits one followed on. Please see below for shipping charges. Keil Kraft R.A.F Vosper kit | Scale Models Forums In 2003 after many modellers had expressed an interest in this popular design, the Vosper RAF Crash Tender or 46 Firefloat Mk. One was given to my younger brother, his had a Taycol Standard in it, and I had the job of taking the accumulator to the local model shop to have it charged up as we never had a charger for it. . RAF Crash Tender. Well Robbob, congratulations on whetting your baby's head, sorry, it's perfect botty . This will help prove all the frames correct height port & starboard before I commit to glueing. from the slab-sided and none too accurate all plywood kit version of the same I've just signed up to your blog - never stop learning. If you would like to know how we handle complaints, please click, . The Vosper RAF Crash Tender - Perhaps Victory's most popular model and certainly their most enduring. I think they used to charge something like a shilling each time it was done. Sorry Colin, my 2nd comment should have revealed that this was a bit of fun and I have not actually finished the 46 boat yet. I know these work well on 40 to 50 2 blade prop. Plus it needed a good home and some renovation. In a changing world, we always aim to deliver great products and equally great service. London SW20 9HN. We welcome well written contributions from Website members on almost any aspect of Model Boating with a particular emphasis on practical hints, tips, experience and builds. 30 min Glue is running a bit slow as the temperature in the garage isnt exactly warm. Having dry fitted all the frames to the keel and measured for alignment, I was nervous that a mm out anywhere could accumulate errors, so I decided to steam and bend the gunwhale stringers and dry fit them as well. This, coupled with authentic deck fittings and accessories, makes for an extremely realistic model with an excellent performance. I still have a 34 and a 46 inch still new in boxes. Cummins. There were only two vosper crash tenders ever built were numbered 93 and 94, and these numbers were painted white. RAF crash tender - help! - Model Boat Mayhem The final finish is applied with car acrylic paints, the total number of individual fittings is 56, as below.Crash Tender Transfers A set of clear plastic push-fit windows and frames have been produced for the VMW 46 Crash Tender kit. have not noticed them in your build. 5.07. I have followed this build since the start, and am starting to wonder if or when it's going to hit the water. . Not convinced? One of the distinctive features of the RAF fire boats are the suction hoses in the rear well of the boat, and they were something that I was keen to reproduce with some accuracy. Following the legendary Keil Kraft Eezebilt plans for a Royal Air Force Crash Tender boat from the 1950's.. Plans exploded to 130%. 94 entered service in about 1952/1953 and was damaged and stored at number 238 Maintenance Unit until July 1958 when it too was struck off charge. A range of kits designed by Les Rowe, in the early 1950/60s. I have never gone into it that deeply. A separate smaller Ford V8 engine was used to operate the two foam/water monitors and a smaller JAP engine for the bilge pumps. My build is coming on OK but the detailing takes such a long time to get it to the right standard, but this is the enjoyable part of modelling for me. His own label says 1952, i had a friend look over it who has built a lot of models and he . This fine High Speed Vosper R.A.F. . I am familiar with RC stuff as I do a lot of modern electric cars - I have a decent Futaba transmitter (4pm) and I . When the councils started to frown on i.c power, I did attempt an electric conversion, but at the time there was no brushless and lipo. I know its a Vosper 46' RAF crash/asr/fire float , probably Mark Two. A comment on YOUTUBE asked for details and Martin said see Model Boat Mayhem. RAF Crash Tender Model Boat Kit Vintage | #305451732 - Worthpoint Hey Rob, has it got wet yet? 285.00 + 16.94 Postage. Free delivery for many products! Its been a while since the boat had its maiden voyage on the lake at St. Albans and Im pleased to report that it looks really good in the water and goes like stink if you open up the throttle. The boats did not need a building board, and accurate alignment was simple to achieve. I was weird as we went on to build another five in all. Arch Four , Area 35 Toy and Model Boats (display). I have an Original and hard to find kit of an Aerokits 46ft/inch RAF Crash Rescue Tender. The wooden contents of this 1/12th scale kit are CNC cut from good-quality plywood which ensures accurate slots and more precise fitting of bulkheads and superstructure. 0 bids. Yup. RC Boat Radio Controlled Wooden RAF Crash Tender Model Aerokits by KeilKraft. This was my fathers and is untouched still in kit form. Finance is provided by PayPal Credit (a trading name of PayPal (Europe) S. r.l. A crew of five was intended in service, construction was wood, hard chine, plywood frames and double diagonal planking.Aft view of craft moored at PortsmouthMonitors being tested at Southampton BUY WITH CONFIDENCE HIGH STREET RETAILER FOR 36 YEARS Lesro Models Stony Lane Christchurch Dorset BH23 7LQ Opening Hours 9.00am to 5.30pm Monday to Saturday Phone / 499354 Email Web site www. Fuel consumption at top speed was nearly 48 gallons per hour. Raynes Park RC Boat Radio Controlled Wooden RAF Crash Tender Model Aerokits by material, and it differs appreciably from other published versions. To access our initial disclosure document, please click, Get the item you ordered or your money back. 76WOT002 Oxford Diecast 1:76 OO Gauge Ford WOT1 Crash Tender RAF Catterick (Red) Ford WOT1 (No Plastic Case) JavaScript seems to be disabled in your browser. Lovely looking example, have a look at Vintage Model Works they still sell the kit & fittings and have some photos of the originals (fullsize) only 2 built which didn't get much use. The hull was copied from the original Sorry that this is now coming to an end, really enjoyed reading all about you're build. If this prop does not work my mate can have it for his Spearfish. Competitive delivery rates, next day delivery available. Page 3 20th Jan 2020 . the instructions are there and its in its original box, which is damaged. All of the balsa and ply sheet parts and deck and skins are computer laser cut for accuracy and etched deck lines for added realism, obechi stripwood, balsa block and cabin window material are included. Hi its been a pleasure to read and has got me motavated so much so i have just bought the kit so thank you. Speed-boats-for-sale in Shropshire | Stuff for Sale - Gumtree This is a 36 version needing some TLC which I just bought off a friend. Detail of twin motor installation in one of the kit models constructed by a modeller in the Welwyn Club. After test fitting the hose ends to establish the correct lengths the hoses were trimmed to size and the fittings were then glued into the hose ends with some epoxy. Hobbies have built a reputation for providing first class goods and excellent service, with over 125 years of experience supplying model makers, machinists, craftsman & enthusiasts alike. RADIO CONTROL AIR BOAT PROJECT | eBay The new 46" large-size kit of this popular and exciting RAF craft. Is there a mast yet. Made by Victory Industries Ltd in collaboration with Vosper Ltd, Portsmouth, circa 1954. On orders over 175 (UK Mainland). Sep 28, 2012 - Deans Marine Started in 1981 when the proprietor Ron Dean had the idea that parts for model ships could be produced on a part time basis to part finance his lifelong hobby of radio controlled model ship building. Price: 4.99 . It is in excellent condition ready to be built into a model boat The hull can be viewed by appointment by contacting Ian Fothergill at either e-mail: [email protected] or by phoning the following number: 07778561169 Price: 25.00. Trying to build it completely out of Foam Board. So while 2nd layer of gunwhale stringers glue is setting on 46 boat I thought Id do some renovations on the recently acquired 36 boat, starting with the rear deck. It utilised mixed balsa and ply construction ( a combination of both strength and lightness gained through Phils model aircraft design experience). I had a 24" tunnel hull with a OS40FSR 1.6HP@20,000rpm and never hit full throttle. It is not known what happened to the two craft after this date. Excl VAT: 1.33, 8.65 Greg Read's model of RAF Crash Tender 94; built from plans on a moulded hull. , So Ive made some progress today, glueing the bulkheads in place. Verkopen . Two English model boats, including a star pond yacht & Victory Industries Vosper RAF Crash tender & Miss England boat Victory models Leyland Comet bat tery operated plastic large scale model with orange cab, grey Tipping body, black Chassis in original illustrated box (Af) The construction of the 36 version remains the same as the original Veron kit with some modifications. Ending Today at 2:36PM GMT 1h 29m. They have been very successfully modelled by others and there are some fine examples of their construction on this site and consequently a wealth of tips and ideas on how to make them and I have shamelessly taken the best of them to make my own. We believe model making is not just a pastime, but also an experience to share with friends, siblings, children and grandchildren. Fire Escape Route Signage Decals. Nice model Harry, which brings back memories. The model on the stand showing further detail. There is order and simmetry and aesthetic realization; real outstanding work! Want the latest issue of Model Boats? Near completion prior to paint finish with additional detailing by Rob Briancourt St. Albans & District Model Engineering Society. (The reason for me joining this Forum). Came to me in an instant while I was staring at the problem. The model can be powered by a 7.2 volts standard buggy battery pack or ic power of 2.5 - 3.5cc engines which is not in the kit, we have not included any running fittings as we feel a lot of modelers will have or would like to choose for themselves. Eligibility determined at checkout. Winkelen op rubriek. Phone us on01903 207 525or use ourContact Form. A very familiar sight at collectors toy-fairs today. Frames should be painted in silver or aluminium colour for realism.No. Winkelen op rubriek. 1 bid. or Best Offer. This model was produced from 1954 through to 1969 by Victory and then when the company closed in 1969, the tooling and remaining stocks were bought by G&R Wrenn of model railway fame. Require good close up pictures of the anchor, mast and the foam tubes and fittings please. Oct 11, 2016 - RAF MK.9 airfield crash tenders (models) Thorneycroft Nubian Major, 16 litre Cummins V8 naturally aspirated . Full set of new decals with a number of these installed. Looking forward to you're next build. Winning bid: 23.75 [ 3 bids] Postage: . RAF Crash Tender including PR802A fittings kit. The Aerokits Crash Tender was my very first boat back int 1959, it was my 9th birthday present and my father and I started to a build. Edited By harry smith 1 on 07/03/2017 10:04:16. Firefloat No. Introducing the 36 large scale Thames Police Launch c.1950. My model gave good performance and was powered by an OS60 glow motor. Vintage Victory Industries model Vosper R.A.F electric crash tender boat + box, 20.00. Self Adhesive Vinyl Sheet. Vosper double-screw RAF crash rescue tender boat (Victory Industries), Vosper triple-screw yacht (Victory Industries), 1954 - A Big Year for Victory Industries (madmalc.screaming.net), https://www.brightontoymuseum.co.uk/w/index.php?title=Vosper_double-screw_RAF_crash_rescue_tender_boat_(Victory_Industries)&oldid=53583. Parts are stamped for quick identification.White metal fittingsAll deck fittings are cast on white metal and are easily cleaned with a Dremel tool, files, wet & dry paper or sponge sanding pads. RAF Crash Tender - SRCMYC/SRCMBC Water slide transfers as the original Vosper design are included in the kit. But then Alice Cooper found he could do things in his. I had a look at your build blog on this boat and along with Robs, these are my 2 go to blogs for help. 268 Cannon Hill Lane After Victory shut down in 1969, Wrenn bought the stocks and tooling for the two popular "Vosper" boats in . I know you said you have a wizard behind the scene's, ( your brother I believe ) but you have drawn up the plans and sent him. I cant find a single picture of the original boat!! Omg, what a quality job!!! Love, Poverty And War: Journeys And Essays [PDF] [5qkamljh8p80] The hull A powerful electric motor drives twin screws, incorporating forward and reverse. HITCHIN. Seems to work. I found this site has very good info on RAF boats. I ordered the batteries and a ESC for that plan, but the plan is getting a few mods( battery hatches in the sponsons). Asylum ?? 5.07. The boat is a credit to model making. The main power units for the craft were provided by two Meteorite 8-cylinder petrol marine engines of 375 bhp at 2400 rpm, this gave a top speed of 28.4 knots. Sorry to be nosey. With the end of RAF Flying Boat operations in the late 1950's brought the demise of the Fire Floats for the RAF Fire Service but the Service would venture again in the marine world in the 1960's. . Then just ask one of our many thousands of satisfied customers, both here in the UK and overseas. The Aerokits Crash Tender was my very first boat back int 1959, it was my 9th birthday present and my father and I started to a build. Unsold See similar items $467.69 Buy It Now, $113.60 Shipping, 14-Day Returns, eBay Money Back Guarantee. Clamping the gunwale stringers will be difficult as there is no sensible place to locate the other end of the clamp. There is a full-sized two-sheet detailed plan and instructions and white metal deck fittings. Plans, Fretsaw Blades, Flags, Decals and Vinyl Lettering, Orders Over 100 & Hobbies Catalogues (UK Only), Maximum Postage (Wood Packs, Panels and Flammable Goods), Express Next Working Day & Nominated Delivery (Placed Before 2pm). Also used the clamp widget in anger as I attached the inner gunwhale stringers. I thought it would provide a 3D reference for what Im building, also a platform for prototyping some of the extras such as fire hoses etc. I like the 1/24th scale mini version by Deans Marine and in their sales info. RC Boat Radio Controlled Fuel Engine Wooden RAF Crash Tender KeilKraft Aerokits . By using this website you agree to our use of cookies. From Vintage Model Works comes the new 46 largesize kit of this popular and exciting RAF craft. Condition: Used. I did actually get this from mturpin013, but thanks. I keep thinking about selling mine, its not getting used, but the amount of hours we put in, how do you put a price on that? Crash Tender makes up into a magnificent model 34.5 in length with a beam of 10 in, thus providing a scale model of truly seaworthy proportions, ideal for radio control installation. RAF MK.9 airfield crash tenders (models) Thorneycroft Nubian Major, 16 Window overlays and screens included. Vosper model boat plans ~ K design boat - Blogger We will contact you before posting. I have just gotten hold of an original aerokits 46" to restore. Aerokits vintage raf vosper fire crash tender boat from the 60s I shall be happy to give advice on this. Telford, Shropshire. Thanks, I will have to look at the local model shop. VINTAGE AEROKITS TORPEDO BOAT Item number: 140191381656 RADIO CONTROLLED MODEL BOAT, WOODEN HULL Item number: 280184522678 A total of 16 window frames and 20 windows and port-holes are included in the kit. This example is by a member of the Phoenix Model Boat Club in Surrey. I use some on the Sea Hornet and in the Northwind. Fire Trucks. This kit has been modernized to make construction easy, full building instructions are included and comes with window overlays and screen. THE VOSPER RAF Crash Tender Kit 46 $467.69 - PicClick CA Vintage Victory Industries Vosper Raf Electric Crash Tender Circa 1950 Completed model should be around 27" in length. Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist! Here at Hobbies we aim to dispatch all in stock items on the same working day, if ordered by 2:00pm. 275.00 6-volt battery operated. The deck fittings are traditionally cast in white metal. The catch poles each side of the wheelhouse require replacing (no problem). I had one of these when I was a kid and I have recently acquired this example from an RAF Air Cadets Sqn who wanted rid of it. Voer uw trefwoord in Uitgebreid zoeken: Hulp en contact; Huidige taal Nederlands Nederlands. Could you announce in this blog, so I dont miss it. R.A.F. I just love the way these hulls sit on the water. VMW with Colin Smith (Phils Son) has enlarged the original model to the increased length of 36 (1:10 scale). RAF Crash Tender - colours & trim: Hi Doug. 2 to give it its correct description was re-introduced as an improved all wood kit for the vintage enthusiast. Fitted the cabin sides, using marks to ensure they were fully seated to the bulkheads. The wiring in the closed up wheelhouse section is another problem, it is a mess and some of the lights do not work. Nubian. Well see how all this comes out and adjust for the 46 boat in due course. Allan Read's Model Boats for sale; Crusader Yacht for Charity; Scale Section Events. Shop by category . Airfix 1/32 American M3 Lee Tank Classic Vintage 1976 Armour Series 8 08. Having built the RAF Crash Tender and fitted it with a powerful electric brushless motor you will be able to experience a life-like representation of the full-size boat. The bearings in the drive line are shot, so a mate is making a set and resizing to 4mm shaft with dog drive setup. Accurate CNC computer cutting ensures good fits of components. A Pair of VOSPER Electric R.A.F Crash Tender Model's 1960s Original Box Victory . Sadly I never got to have radio control in it. Sales and Wants 2022 - Kirklees Model Boat Club More powerful and smaller than the Graupner 900. Which glue do you use. This fine High Speed Vosper R.A.F. Raf Boat for sale in UK | 56 used Raf Boats The remaining hose fittings are the male & female connectors and fortunately require nothing more than drilling to take the four short brass turning handles which were soft soldered in place and then filed to length. RC Model Vehicles & Kits | eBay! 3 sets , that's 150 clips if my geography serves me well. This "RAF Crash Tender" was built by Graham93 who is a member and contributor to Model Boats Website. There are crash tenders listed regularly and also other aerokit boats like the sea commander, PT boat, sea queen, solent and waveny lifeboats. Photos not available for this variation. Re: RAF Crash Tender (46) by Vintage Model Works, Hi! With the right combination of motor, speed controller, batteries and prop, the large Crash Tender will perform at speed for about 30 minutes. Large Scale 1" to 1 Length 46" Plan view of partsThe contents of the kit showing pre-cut wood parts. sheeting is also pre-cut. on: August 05, 2020, 12:05:54 pm . 10.00. The Vosper RAF Crash Tender Kit 46. The original design for this model was based on the Metropolitan Police Thames Division River Police Launch constructed at Teddington by Toughs Boatyard in the late 1940s/1950s period. model-boats.com model-boats.com Page 27. Oct 11, 2016 - RAF MK.9 airfield crash tenders (models) Thorneycroft Nubian Major, 16 litre Cummins V8 naturally aspirated. Excl VAT: 31.37, Brushless Motors, Speed Controllers & Batteries. Free postage. Rob, who said I should get on with it So I have. Crash Tender makes up into a magnificent model 34.5 in length with a beam of 10 in, thus providing a scale model of truly seaworthy proportions, ideal for radio control installation. Tri-ang, Scalex Boats. . Posted on February 27, 2023 by how much is tim allen's car collection worth it's wonderful that the asylum has these facilities, and modelling is such good therapy . The crew I have for it are 4 and 3/8" or 135mm, all wrestling figures with pony tails but at $2 each cheap. Sign up to our Newsletter or Special Offers, Distributors of Model Boats for our overseas readers, Make your own contribution to the Website. Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for Aerokits vintage raf vosper fire crash tender boat from the 60s at the best online prices at eBay! Looks like a removal of the roof and fix the mast up. Another view showing additional detailing of cockpit with access to radio control equipment through small hatch.
How To Make Outer Aisle Pizza Crust Crispy, How To Say Thank You In Yugambeh Language, Convert Ethereum Address To Checksum, Kirkcaldy Crematorium Schedule, Sample Letter Requesting To Be A Distributor, Articles R